2 UKCPM Tickets in court - Help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today, was a day where I was in Court with a friend who had two parking tickets to contest.

UK Car Park Management Sent a Local Solicitor.

both of the tickets were for UK Car Park Management

both obtained on different days.

one was originally set aside following after failing to submit a defence on time,

at that time the case was set aside, the judge said UKCPM are known for not paying fees or turning up.

A phone call was placed to the court last week to be told that UKCPM hadnt paid their court fee for one of the claims and as a result, the case was struck out, Well at least we thought,

it turned out Gladsones phoned this morning and paid the court fee, and the case was allowed to be heard.....1 nil to UKCPM.

Pofa was used as part of the defence and who was driving

Judge concluded that the defendant was the driver and that POFA 2012 was not relevent ......2 Nill to UKCPM

Signage - the claimants witness statment showed a google earth pic of the area and yellow dots where put where the signs were.

5 in total,

the defendant showed photos of just the one sign ( which was high up) and across a path,

meaning the driver had to get out of the car to read it..

.also showed where there was no signs that the claimants said there was.....

JUdge ruled saying the one sign was adequate. .....3 nil to UKCPM

tenacy agreement produced by defendant showing that there was no mention of the need to display permits,

Judge dismissed this piece of evidence as it said the resident must park in a designated space. ..........4 nil to UKCPM

Roache v Loake, the judge allowed that piece of evidence from claimants saying it is relevant

same as the beavis case with regards to parking on private land,

even though Beavis was about the fee and pay and display....................6 nil to UKCPM

the argument that the LBC did not comply was also argued

but the judge said as the LBC was issued before september 2017

the argument could not be used as the new rules didnt apply at the time the LBC was issued ............ 7 Nil to UKCPM

in all the judge pretty much decided before the case to grant UKCPM a win

the defendant has 21 days to submit new evidence with regards to the second case and then the judge will do a paper ruling.

even though no full particulars of claim has been received, not even by their solicitor

any thoughts

Edited by dx100uk
formatting

Appeal. The judge doesnt seem to know what they are doing, and are probably one of those who think that because you parked somewhere, you should pay the charge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D