Bct gotta surrender car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My car is currently on finance and due to one thing and another I am having to let it go. I have tried to pay reduced payments etc but the finance company has lost patience and is collecting the car tomorrow.

My question is, when the vehicle is sold etc and the remaining balance is worked out, what do i do about paying that off? Can I pay in instalments or will they insists on a full settlement payment?:(

In the poop without a scoop....

Hi drob,

Yes, I had a default notice a while ago and then came to an agreement to pay a half payment for one month followed by the arrears (2 months) spread over the following 6 months payments. Unfortunately the direct debit came out a day early and the next thing I get is a phone call from the collection agents who wanted the full arrears or bye bye car. So given my financial situation I decided to let it go anyway.

In the poop without a scoop....

OK ...... just wanted to check that they has followed proceedures before they take the car.

If you have a digital camera i would suggest you take pics of the full exterior and all of the interior of your car and keep the pics safe.

When they finally pick up your car they will check for damage and may add charges for replacement or repair.

Once your car has been auctioned you will become liable for the remainig balance, make sure you get proof of this from the finance company and just don't take their word for it.

The finance company may agree a repayment schedule for the outstanding balance or they may offer you a loan to cover the outstanding balance. At worst they may go straight for a CCJ.