Rossendale DCA Letter re S.ireland toll charges from EPC

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received a letter from DCA Rossendales Collect for £130.15 for PARKING CHARGE NOTICE.

I have not committed a Parking Offence and as such have received no notice.

The story goes as follows:

A year ago my daughter inadvertently drove through the Barrier Free Toll on the M50 south of Dublin in my car.

I was a passenger.

It is not clear,

unless you are a local that you have actually gone through this toll as just a short distance further on there is another toll with a barrier, for which she paid.

We travelled through 3 such tolls on our way to Cork and on the return journey the same (paying the tolls as we went), and again we went through this M50 Barrier Free Toll on our return not realising that we had just done so.

The total cost of a return through this M50 tolls would only have been about £5.60 had we been aware of it.

Two months later I get a demand from Euro Parking for £11.20 (double) for none payment of toll, plus a further charge of £44 for not paying the £11.20 within the time limit..the demand for payment came after the time limit.

The notice stated that the owner of the car is liable, not the driver..I don't own the car as I am disabled and it is a lease vehicle from Motability..

I disputed the charge (£44) and received no reply from Euro Parking who promptly sent me another letter with an additional further charge of £44 added for not paying the last invoice. Now I owe £96.20 for a £5.60 unpaid toll charges.

I would have been happy to pay the £5.60 had I received a request for that amount.

I then decided to ignored them because as I understand it, Eflow Ireland have a duty to inform you of an unpaid toll, in writing giving you chance to pay, but I received no such notice. I also understand that because Southern Ireland is not part of the UK, they cannot enforce a debt.

I heard nothing since about January until today when I get this demand from Rossendales Collect demanding money on behalf of their client: Euro Parking Collections plc.

First of all, my daughter drove through a Barrier Free Toll twice without realising it..Rossendales state: Parking Charge Notice...so this is incorrect.

Secondly: They state Original amount £89.35 plus a fee of £34.00 adds up to £130.15. In my book it adds up to £123.35...so this is also incorrect.

Not really sure what I should do.

I am reluctant to contact them and start of any chain of events where they think I will give in.

Surely Euro Parking Collections have to prove a debt before they sell a debt on in the first place.

And without proving it first in court and obtaining a court order, they cannot enforce it? Or am I wrong?

Yes they would need to go to court and have no enforcement powers at the moment.

Suggest the owner of the car writes to whoever operates the toll near Dublin, advising them of the situation, that nothing was received about missed tolls shortly after this happened. That if they provide evidence of the missed tolls that the amount of tolls will be paid, but no other amounts will be forthcoming.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you, I can easily write or email Eflow, but as my post indicates, the letter states: Unpaid Parking Charge Notice, nothing about unpaid Toll charges,

So can I just ignore Rossendales Collect, and if I do so, will bailiffs arrive..bearing in mind, they will have climb over 6ft tall locked gates to get to my door which I don't open. Anyone that can open the gates also has a key to my door, if you get my meaning as I live alone and disabled wheelchair user.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you, I can easily write or email Eflow, but as my post indicates, the letter states: Unpaid Parking Charge Notice, nothing about unpaid Toll charges,

So can I just ignore Rossendales Collect, and if I do so, will bailiffs arrive..bearing in mind, they will have climb over 6ft tall locked gates to get to my door which I don't open. Anyone that can open the gates also has a key to my door, if you get my meaning as I live alone and disabled wheelchair user.

Rossendales are not acting as bailiffs, so they won't be visiting. They also do standard debt collection i.e sending letters.

Reason i suggest settling the tolls with the Irish company set up to collect these, is that there may well be cross border agreements that enable easier enforcement in the UK. Whilst they may never issue a UK court claim, if you had worries they might, the just settling the tolls might be an option. Your choice.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have found a few posts that have tried to settle directly and understand that they have been directed back to Euro Parking PLC.

The reason, I believe is that they sell the debt to Euro Parking is that they are not allowed to contact the DVLA to find out the keepers name and address so they have to sell the debt to a UK company..not that I expect they get anything out of it.

Well if Rossendales want to take me to court over a Parking Charge Notice they are going to look pretty silly when they cannot prove their case.

I would assume they would have to produce a copy of the Notice and as there is not one, I don't think for one minute that the judge would then allow them to change their claim to unpaid Toll charge. Bit of a difference.

It shows what muppets they are when they cannot even add up two figures together on their letter. :wink:

a DCA cant do court

only the issuers of the PCN can

ignore them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Then simply ignore as already advised

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

rozzers are just writing threatograms.

If Europarking want to sue you they will ahve to start in the Dublin courts and you will get it transferred to your local court under Eu law and they will then have to pay someone to continue and this cost will be greater than the amount claimed.

Reason they cant start in a UK court is lack of locus, you havent done anything in the UK to warrant a claim and the law is not extraterritorial