batty v RBS update ***WON***

batty_uk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6341 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

well after watching this site and a lot of your messages I have finally took the plunge! I sent as letter to the bank, received all my statements, added up all the charges...........................:eek:

I sent a letter requesting over £4000!!!!! I couldn't believe how much they have taken.

Anyway I received a letter 2 days ago (just in the 14 day deadline) stating they don't think their charges are unlawful but as a gesture of goodwill (hah) they will refund me £677!!!!

I am about to reply to this with "not on your Nellie mate!" or words to that effect. I will be stating that £677 would be a nice first instalment but I want the rest of my cash thank you so much or I will get really nasty and take you to court! (obviously I will use oine of the templates hehe).

so watch this space and a big thank you to you all as I would not have done this without reading yourt messages.

:smile:

make the most of today because tomorrow you can't go back ;)

Batty_uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi a quick update to my last post..............

RBS sent me a letter saying they would pay me £677 as a goodwill gesture.... their charges are fair etc etc.........

NO DEAL!!! :p

Next reply was to offer me £2452.oo again as goodwill etc...( they owe me over £4000! )

Guess what??? Ask me the question Noel!

NO DEAL!!! :p

next step on line application to court :-)

Batty_uk

• 1 month later...

Oh my! what a mess.

My partner has an account with RBS as I do but in a different branch. He transfers £500 per month to my account each month by standing order. Last month he cancelled standing order but neglected to tell me (this was due to work not paying correct wages and he did not have the funds). So the £500 goes into my account anyway.........I go to bank, check balance and withdraw the money plus more besides. Leaving a balance of about £150 in my account. 2 days later RBS recall the £500 from my account because partners account is a basic one and is not allowed an overdraft..........the transaction took him £490 overdrawn. The money was returned to his account and he was charged £38 for the pleasure.

All my DD were bounced and I have incurred charges to the tune of almost £400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My p went to his bank and the clerk admitted he remembered him going in to cancel the SO, he would find paperwork and get back to him. Next day he was told they would refund his charges so he said and what about my partners charges? they asked for letter from my bank which he took and they copied. Next day they said we dont remember you cancelling the SO and have no intention of refunding either yours or your partners charges!!!.

Hang on..............it gets worse!!!!

As I am now £900 over my overdraft..........they sent letter requesting I return card and cheque books. Tonight at 7pm I had a phone call from RBS centre in Scotland requesting I return card and cheque books or they will send someone round to collect them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am utterly horrified!!!!!!!angry-smiley-030.gifangry-smiley-030.gifangry-smiley-030.gifangry-smiley-030.gif

This is all after I have applied to claim back 6 yrs of bank charges

Batty_uk

lasted on this situation is..........my branch have sent me a letter today requesting I send my cheque card and cheque books back to them and they have cancelled my overdraft.............demanding payment by 27th jan or they will take me to court (possibly crown court they say)

This is getting stupid

Batty_uk

Batty, any time I've chnged or cancelled a DD or SO, I've had to sign a slip to authorise it. Do you know if your partner did that at all?

Seahorse

yes he did seahorse, the guy behaind the counter said he remembers him requesting the cancellation and would find the paperwork.

my partner went to see the manager on thursday whoappeared to be helpful said he would look into it and get back to him on monday.

Counter assistant has once again said he remembers filling in the paperwork

Batty_uk

Hey Batty sorry to hear about the pickle this has put you in.

I'm hoping someone very wise will be along any minute to tell you what to do. My first thought was if you have already sent them a letter asking for your statements, or even better a preliminary letter asking them to repay your charges, how about writing to them immediately saying the account is in dispute and they cannot take any further action against you until the dispute is resolved. I think there are some template letters on the bank templates bit for this. Try sending it to the Customer Relations Unit in Edinburgh and explain the situation just as you have here - take it out of the local branches hands anyway.

Hope it works. Best of luck.

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!

oooh thats a gtood idea. Thanks for that. I will go search for template.

I have gone as far as sending LBA to RBS i have no doubt this is the main factor to this mess. :-) but i wont be beaten..........feeling more confident today. What can they do? I have new account already open, wages arranged to go into new account etc. so hey ho on we go! :)

Batty_uk

sent a letter with details of charges i was sending to court, after carefully going through account to ensure i wanst claiming for anything i shouldn't i calculated they owe me £3765.00.

Letter received today stating "as a good will gesture" they will pay me £3765.00!!!!!!

Hoiwever if i dont agree to them charging me same in future, they will change my current account to a basic one.

Thank you soooooo much to everyone who has offered me advice, support and information. you are all brilliant!!!

Donation will be sent as soon as i see my cash :):lol::D 8-)

Batty_uk

Congratulations Batty. I've merged your threads so that newbies will be able to see how you succeeded in claiming back your bank charges from start to finish.

Don't forget the survey, and if you're feeling flush I'm sure a donation would be appreciated too.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Batty, I'm thrilled to bits for you, hope it makes a huge difference to your finances and quality of life. Good feeling, init?!!:grin:

Enjoy your win and your money:)

:lol: Sweetrevenge :lol:

Don't get mad - get even!

If I've helped you please hit my scales 'n' bump my rep!

RBS (My A/c) S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent /10/06, statements rec'd 20/10; Prelim sent 3/11/06, s*d off letter rec'd 20/11; LBA sent 28/11, Settlement offer rec'd 18/12

WON at LBA with compound contractual interest £607

RBS BF Account S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 4/11, part response rec'd 28/11, further info sent 3/12 awaiting statements at 20/12, Sent LBA 19/01/07. Received all statements resulting in 3 claims, £1,278, £4,279 and £7,250(!) all with contractual interest.

This is now very out of date!!!!