UK PArking Enforcement Agency (Parkforce)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its fine to say that you get 14 days to appeal but when you get to your car and find no ticket one does nothing until you receive notification that the price of the ticket has risen dramatically.

I wrote in response to a letter I received from you dated 13.01.2011, regarding an unpaid parking ticket. (Ref 0883007112). Unfortunately I was not issued with this parking ticket. I can confirm I am the driver of the mentioned vehicle and was parking at the RVI in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Drivers holding a valid badge should display at all times and may park free of charge. My wife is registered disabled and we were at the hospital visiting a family member. The badge stays in the car at all times and was clearly on display.

On the day in question the weather conditions were quite severe with wind and snow. This may have prevented your enforcement officers from seeing the disabled badge and to my best recollection there was snow covering my windscreen.

I now learn from your aggressive and threatening letter that I have been issued with a parking ticket, and while I can confirm I was at the RVI in Newcastle upon Tyne your letter states “Newcastle upon” which I have never heard of or even been to.

There was clearly no ticket placed on my car when I returned to my vehicle, this accounts for the non payment. If there had have been a ticket on my vehicle then I would have corresponded immediately. I feel the aggressive tone of your letter is uncalled for and your threats of bailiff’s to my home are unnecessary.

I would have liked you to take the letter as formal acknowledgment that I was challenging the parking ticket. I included a copy of the disabled badge which was on display in my vehicle. Your response was another unprofessional threatening letter that further hiked up the parking charge.

Telephone calls to your office together with other emails have been ignored. Why? I was advised that replies are normally sent out within two working days. Nothing received. Another porky!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are taking them far too seriously and have been completely sucked in. You do realise that you are dealing with a Private company and not any lawful authority, don't you?

Why anyone feels the need to justify themselves to a private company is beyond me.

Oh, and I will tell you the result of your appeal, REJECTED. To save you waiting.

regards

Edited by letshelp

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

Unfortunately you seem to have fallen for their rather intimidating name and taken them seriously. You have now learned from their response that the only thing these companies are interested in is relieving you of your hard earned.

Your best option now is to ignore them, they will either crawl back where they belong or chance their arm! the former being almost certainly the most likely!

• 6 months later...

Well, what can I say.

On the advice posted on this forum (taken after sending my last letter to Debt Recovery Plus on the 4th Jan 2011) I decided to refrain from any further correspondence with them. I received a reply to this letter on the 12th Jan saying that they would put the account on hold for 10 (ten) days.

Upon my return from holiday, yesterday 8th August 2011, I had 2 letters from them demanding immediate payment - that 10 days was an awful long 10 days; I managed to get 6 1/2 months work done in that time :lol:.

Anyway, I phoned them today to say that I would not be communicating with them again - if they wish to take the matter to Court, please do so and I will pass the case to my barrister; they didn't like that! Anyway - no more chat with these cowboys.

Btw, if you want to phone them without paying the cost of their 0844 number, try 0161 343 3535 - it's free from mobiles and landlines :-).

this thread is for ref only

now closed

start your own thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks