Very Debt, interest freeze?

iamtiasmom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2664 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI,

I have been using Stepchange to help me pay of several debts amounting to over £5k.

I have repeatedly asked Very if they would freeze interest on my account due to the interest being more than the affordable payments. They keep refusing.

My question is..

how can I get them to freeze the interest so I am actually paying the debt off?

Step change have only said it's their choice, but surely they aren't allowed to cause unnecessary hardship?

Thanks for reading.

Hi,

Personally, I would ask Stepchange to cancel the payment to Very and deal with them separately. I would then make sure that Very haven't added charges to the account and if they have, get them taken off the balance.

You could use one of the letters in our library to ask them again to stop the interest/charges but if they don't respond or respond in the negative, give them £1 a month and keep what you would have normally paid them in a separate pot.

It is likely that Very will then sell the debt on to a DCA and then you will be in a position to offer the DCA a Full and Final settlement. DCA's buy these debts for pennies in the pound so as long as they get back more than they have paid, they may be agreeable to a low settlement.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

yep letters are in the library

i'd give them the ultimatum

either freeze int and charges

or

you'll drop the repayment down to £1PCM

the letters are there

it s a poxy cat debt

lowest of the lows.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

shop direct will state something like pay £35 a month and they will/may freeze interest rate, but if you disagree they will ignore and file that you did agree, never the less as you state you pay what you want i.............e. £1.00 as I did but be aware they in my case when I started to pay £5,00 a month on line issued e-mail to state received then failed completely to credit account, and refuse to give reasons for it, hence they sold account t off within 1 month, also they credit account part of charges the within 2 days put the charges back on account to sell at the higher rate,

you will finsd Shop direct are the pits once you have difficulties so always challenge them and capquerst etc who they sell off to but make a dispute in place soonest .

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: