TPS PCN Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, Lincolnshire

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2483 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

when you appeal it costs the parking co money so do appeal.

Losing wont affect the legitimacy of your continued refusal to pay up afterwards, POPLA do not consider most matters of law.

Dont forget to ask to see the contract between the landlord and the parking co that assigns the right to make claims in their own name.

POPLA's usual response is to say they have seen the contract and it is valid when often it is not but do ask, you may want to use it against them at some point in the future

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

It's been a while but the POPLA appeal has been lodged and TPS have uploaded their 'evidence'.

I have just about stopped laughing as all of their 'evidence' is from Lincoln Hospital rather than Boston!

They have uploaded 4 site maps of Lincoln showing the location of various signs as well as the entrance sign to Lincoln Hospital.

Their appeal document contains the following quote where it seems the writer is starting to throw their toys out of the pram

- "The appellant states that the entrance sign did not conform to the BPA code

well it has as we have mentioned before all our sign are approved by BPA,

also our entrance sign do state terms and conditions do apply"

- No evidence to show that BPA have approved their signage though!

do I just say that non of the evidence is relevant as it refers to a different hospital and location?

I'd like to say that they are a bunch of idiots but i don't think that would help!!

Edited by Binkyboy60
missed out quotation marks

I'd be tempted to respond to their 'evidence' thus...

The operator has had ample opportunity to gather their evidence and submit same to POPLA so that POPLA can properly adjudicate on this matter. I note with some interest that the operator has uploaded detailed maps showing the location of various signs as well as the entrance sign.

Unfortunately, the operator has submitted as evidence, maps and signage from a completely different site that has absolutely no relevance in the matter that is being appealed to POPLA.

The operator has submitted maps and signage from LINCOLN hospital, whereas the alleged parking event that the operator is claiming that I am liable for (as the recorded keeper) was at BOSTON hospital, which even by the quickest possible vehicle route is over an hour away from Lincoln hospital.

I therefore submit that the operators evidence is not only flawed, it is irrelevant and shows that they are unable to even get the basic matters correct and completely undermines any other evidence that they can or can hope to produce.

I request that the adjudicator find against the operator in this matter as they have failed to produce any evidence.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

concur.

Print off their evidence for hitting them with should POPLA think you can read signs from a distance of 36 miles.

If it was possible to resolve the letters on the signage at that distance the the signs would have to be at least 1800m tall. The CAA would have to approve those as well as the local council

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

The POPLA 'independent' decision is in and the appeal has been rejected.

They have totally ignored the fact that the evidence is from a different hospital and have taken the photos of being parked in 2 bays and signage from Lincoln as the evidence.

So, bring on the debt collector's letters!!

That is absolutely ridiculous!

Did you happen to get copies of their so called 'evidence'?

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Yes

First thing I did - just as well because once you submit your comments on the operator's 'evidence' it becomes unavailable to you!

Cannot believe POPLA just didn't take any notice that the signage was from Lincoln - how can that be???

And... no comeback to POPLA.....

Hi

Here is the text from POPLA site

Assessor summary of operator case

The appellant failed to park wholly within the markings of a bay/space.

Assessor summary of your case

The appellant states the signage did not offer a contract.

The appellant states the entrance sign does not comply with Appendix B of the British Parking Association (BPA) Code of Practice.

The appellant states the operator has failed to comply with Section 13.4 of the BPA Code of Practice.

The appellant states the operator did not advise him correctly of the discounted amount.

Assessor supporting rational for decision

The terms and conditions of the site state

“All vehicles are required to park within a designated parking space.

By failing to comply with the terms and conditions of use,

you agree to pay a Parking Charge Notice of £60”.

The operator has issued a £60 Parking Charge Notice (PCN) due to the appellant failing to park wholly within the markings of a bay/space.

The operator has provided photographic evidence of the appellant’s vehicle parked on site.

The evidence provided illustrates that the appellant failed to park wholly within the markings of a bay/space.

The appellant states the signage did not offer a contract.

I note the appellant’s comments and can see from his evidence that he is referring to the section of the sign that warns motorists that they leave their vehicle on site at their own risk.

This is irrelevant as this is informing motorists that if their vehicle is stolen or damaged they cannot claim from the parking operator.

After reviewing the evidence provided by the operator of the signage I am satisfied that the signage is clear and informs motorists that they must park in a bay; and if they decide to remain on site without complying they will be issued with a £60 PCN.

This is offering a contract to the motorists as they can leave the site within a reasonable time if they do not agree and do not want to enter into the contractual agreement.

The appellant states the entrance sign does not comply with Appendix B of the BPA Code of Practice. Appendix B states

“You must always mention that terms and conditions apply and say where to find more details about them”

The operator has provided photographic evidence of the entrance sign on site which states

“Pay and Display Pay on Fee.

See notices in car park for details.

From this,

I am satisfied that the signage complies with Appendix B and informs motorists that there is terms and conditions on site.

The appellant states the operator has failed to comply with Section 13.4 of the BPA Code of Practice.

Section 13.4 states

“You should allow the driver a reasonable period to leave the private car park after the parking contract has ended, before you take enforcement action”.

This grace period would apply to appeals where the PCN was issued for payment issues.

As the appellant remained parked on site not within the markings of a bay/space he failed to comply with the terms and conditions.

The operator allowed an eight minute grace period for the appellant to return back to his vehicle to park correctly within a bay however, he did not therefore a PCN was issued.

I do not feel that a grace period would need to be granted in this instance as the appellant would not need to leave his vehicle unattended on site to park within the markings of a bay/space.

Realistically he would not need to leave his vehicle to ensure that this was complied with.

The appellant states the operator did not advise him correctly of the discounted amount.

I appreciate the appellant’s comments however, when assessing appeals, POPLA look at whether a parking contract was formed, and if so, whether the terms of the contract were complied with.

POPLA do not become involved in payment issues as this would not have affected the parking on the day in question.

The appellant will need to direct this back to the operator.

Based upon the evidence provided,

I can see that the appellant remained on site therefore, agreeing to comply with the terms and conditions.

I am satisfied that the signage clearly informs motorists that they must park within the markings of a bay/space As the appellant remained on site without parking in the markings of a bay/space, he has failed to comply with the terms and conditions.

As such, the PCN was issued correctly.

But the signs were from Lincoln!!!!

Well, ultimately, TPS no have to take you to court to ever hope of getting any money out of you, and a judge will look at all of the evidence. The POPLA decision is only binding on the parking company thumbup.gif

No doubt you'll now get the usual barrage of junk mail/begging letters from DCA's (ignore them but keep them) but I wouldn't worry about it until a letter before action arrives.

There has been some problems with the Parking barriers at Pilgrim for the last couple of weeks and NO ONE has had to pay for parking.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

Just come back from holiday to find this document waiting for me. It looks, as expected, that this is a begging letter from a debt collection company who also claim to be solicitors. My research shows them as a No Win No Fee Debt Collection service. Safe to assume ignore it?

Regards

Hi

Here's the back of the letter as well

Debt Collector Front.pdf

Debt Collector Back.pdf

yep

just never ignore a claimform from the COURTS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I love the letter is headed "losers v binkyboy" to make it look like it is a foregone conclusion that they are the boys who will be taking you to court.

The even better news is IE Legal are to be dissolved tomorrow to avoid a compulsory striking off!

If you paid them it would be money down a black hole but it might be worth baiting TPS over this if you have the time.

I E Legal Solicitors ltd are still going but as they are the same husband and wife team are they really the sort of people you would lend a fiver to you should ask.

In short, not even in the champions league of rentathreats let alone premier division.