CRS threatening legal means- is this just threats?

Hmu03671
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, loving this site for information.

Apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse here as I've seen some threads about CRS and people being chased for "unpaid" gym fees.

I'm just looking for any information how people have got on.

Long story short,

I was contacted by CRS approx two years ago regarding a default £20 payment from my old gym surprise surprise excercise4less.

My apparent debt was now £106 after CRS fees had been added on.

I lettered them back saying in my opinion I had submitting my last payment on time and cancelled in writing.

We sent a couple of letters back and forth but as I wouldn't recognise the debt, they eventually forwarded it on to a recovery agency who I refused to engage with.

They sent one letter telling me they would reduce cost to £76.

Over a year has passed (in this time I threw out all kept correspondence) now CRS have emailed me twice , the later threatening me by contacting a named solicitor.

Has anyone got to to this stage?

And what's next?

Finally I like a good fight as much as they next guy and I'll gladly have my day in court

Out of interest tho if I lost how much can they legally claim from me?

Am I entitled to pay thousands in legal fee's?

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

duplicate threads merged and moved to the gym forum.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Pure threats. Plenty of other threads in this forum that has the exact same issue as you. All end the same way.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

CRS are harlands are the admins of exercise4less

simply ignore

the DCA [CRS] are fake and so are any supposed solicitor.

a dca is NOT A BAILIFFS.

they have NO LEGAL POWERS WHATSOEVER

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Hmu and welcome to CAG

Please read other threads here so you see the tactics used by Harlands/CRS.

They may use The Zinc Group (a DCA) and then Spratt Endicott ( Harlands current pet solicitors) further down the line but they all do the same - they threaten lots but do NOTHING !!

Loads have folk have been where you are now - getting demands and threat that are not followed through because there's no legal basis for their demands.

If they really had a right to demand what they say you owe, they'd have taken you to court long ago. That's NOT going to happen.

Keep us informed about demands, etc but I suggest you simply IGNORE any demands, texts and calls for now.

Keep a log of all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS in case a claim for harassment is made.

Other threads will tell you all you need to know...............

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Hmu and welcome to CAG

Please read other threads here so you see the tactics used by Harlands/CRS.

They may use The Zinc Group (a DCA) and then Spratt Endicott ( Harlands current pet solicitors) further down the line but they all do the same - they threaten lots but do NOTHING !!

Loads have folk have been where you are now - getting demands and threat that are not followed through because there's no legal basis for their demands.

If they really had a right to demand what they say you owe, they'd have taken you to court long ago. That's NOT going to happen.

Keep us informed about demands, etc but I suggest you simply IGNORE any demands, texts and calls for now.

Keep a log of all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS in case a claim for harassment is made.

Other threads will tell you all you need to know...............

Thanks for the help, yes I had zinc previously attempting to contact me, I am just surprised they have started again after a year of no contact. It is the same solicitors as you mention, I'll see what they happens next!

Thanks

It is moot whether these Gym and sports contracts fall foul of consumer protection legislation within their expressed and implied terms, especially around termination and break.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It appears that Harlands/CRS are dragging up any old cases they can, regardless of the individual case merits.

I hope we can involve Trading Standards and/or The CMA this year and expose Harlands fully as necessary.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)