Sending a CCA to Debt collection company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2703 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am just wondering,

I have nearly paid off Restons £1200,

And my wife has various ( apex, moorcroft etc ) where she is paying £1 a month

If we send a CCA to all of those, and they cannot confirm, how does we write off or stop paying,

in my case, how would i get the money back ?

Regards

Q.

CCA would go to originator i.e who you dealt with prior = write off???? stop paying yes one can but would need good reason i.e. unenforceable agreement / later they may challenge in court , as for getting your money back - if you do let me know I would try myself!

sure other will respond also? good luck

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Oh dear!

How did pestons force you to part with your hard earned? Shame you won't see any of that again.

As for the CCA requests, send them to whoever is demanding payment from you, if it is a powerless DCA, then fire them off to them with a £1 standing order enclosed, leave it blank.

What are these accounts you're blindly paying these fleecing DCA's?

How much?

Who is the original creditor?

How old are these accounts?

Check your credit files and see what's on them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

£1 standing order = £1.00 Postal order

Ooops!!

Well spotted OC, yes POSTAL ORDER!

TY :thumb:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thread moved the appropriate forum.Please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

How did pestons force you to part with your hard earned? Shame you won't see any of that again.

arrow orginally wrote to me regarding mbna credit card - tried to fob it off, went to restons, then saw a northampton court letter - went to tomlin agreement

As for the CCA requests, send them to whoever is demanding payment from you, if it is a powerless DCAicon, then fire them off to them with a £1 standing order enclosed, leave it blank.

with reagrds to my partners £1 payments to several, if they find proof, can they demand more than £1 from then on ? we dont want to rock the boat on this, as we will be long dead before most of it is paid back.

What are these accounts you're blindly paying these fleecing DCA's?

for hers, apex, moorcroft, and a couple others

How much?

for my credit card - £1100, for hers a few thousands, split here and there

Who is the original creditor?

mine : mbna, hers catalogue, and credit cards

How old are these accounts?

quite old -

mine its shown on my credit report, hers shows absolutely nothing, lucky woman !

Check your credit files and see what's on them.

as above

OK, so the Tomlin order is currently not the issue?

WHEN did you take out these other agreements? What year.

Name names please, what catalogue, what credit cards?

To get the best advice, you need to be as accurate as possible, especially with names of OC's dates cards taken out, names of people chasing you now for the debt, IF at all?

get an sar off to mbna

look to what you could reclaim

ppi?

penalty charges

shame you didn't defend it and simply agreed to a tomlin.

as for all the other debts that are blindly being paid..

send each company you are paying a CCA request.

they've 12+2 working days to cough up with an enforceable agreement

then we can look at reducing you indebtedness if they fail.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it cant reappear.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If they are old debts the chances are that the majority will not be able to provide the original agreement.

As long as they fail to provide them,

you are not obliged to pay them a penny

and while they can write and ask you to pay,

their letters can be safely ignored as they cannot take you to Court.

For the ones who do comply with the CCA [and there is more than just the agreement that needs to be provided]

you can continue with paying £1 per month with the proviso that that may depend on whether your financial situation has improved dramatically since you agreed the £1 per month agreement with them.

Time to get the evidence you need, then you can go from there, trying to guess what ''might'' happen is like pushing water uphill.

hello all,

i want to do this, but the missus is not sure, and wants to leave things as they are,...rather than makes things worse..

I am trying to convince her, this will not come back and bite her on the bum, she just doesnt want them to keep writing and ringing when ( if ) we stop the payments when they cant prove the CCA

get a clall blocker phone or truecalll box then.

they'll still write anyway even if you do keep paying

all you are doing is running the SB date to infinity.

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF!!

post agreements up here NOT simply assume they ARE enforceable too!!

and they

DCA's love people who don't know their rights as they can extort funds out of them with sheer impunity.

As DX says, DCA's are NOT bailiffs, nor will they ever be, they are simply rogue parasites running roughshod over all rights and most of legislation as they are able in order to bleed people dry.

Send the CCA requests off first and foremost, then wait the 12+2 days for them to send you the CCA you legally requetsted, IF they fail to do so, then you can LEGALLY withhold all and any future payments to them.

IF they do respond by sending you a CCA, then scan and post it up on here so others can have a look and ensure that what they have sent you, is indeed a CCA, and if it does satisfy your request and is legally enforceable.

IF it is enforceable, then you carry on the 'legal' token payments of £1 a month for the life of the debt.

IF it isn't legally enforceable, then YOU hold all the cards, and YOU can then dictate to them what they get, if anything.

Until YOU take control, then they WILL simply run rings around you, and exploit your lack of knowledge, as you continue to blindly pay them money they aren't entitled to and fill up their profit pocket.

As soon as they know that they've been rumbled, then they'll leave you alone and go after another unfortunate mug to fleece.