nPower bill reversal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2763 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A couple of days ago, I moved over to another tariff with my existing provider nPower.

The fuels are split and I'm on different tariffs for gas and electric. Gas ending in December 2017 and Electric ending in October 2018. As a result, my monthly direct debit has now dropped to £55 a month down from £69.

I went on my nPower app today and noticed that they have reversed the last 8 bills and have left my in credit to the tune of over £900. Before I get knee deep in (recorded) phone calls to them, is there anything I need to know or am I on the cusp of what seems a typical nPower mishandled situation ?

I want to be fully armed with as much information as possible before I make the first phone call. Hopefully it will be something or nothing but just in case...

Edited by maroondevo52
Replaced inappropriate word.

You're absolutely right to be very concerned and very cautious about this kind of behaviour from Npower.

If you going to deal with them on the telephone then you should record your calls. Also, please read our customer services guide and find out about how to handle customer service departments on the phone. If you don't record your call, then frankly don't make the call. Sort out a call recorder and when you're ready, then do it.

The important thing here is to get full evidence that you have queried them and that they are clearest of the situation and that they have given you provable confirmation that the credit that they have given to you is correct and they won't be asking for it back.

My advice to you is to call them once you have a call recorder in place. Record the call. Follow the advice in our customer services guide about dealing with them. And once you have got everything you need then put it all in writing and send it to them and confirm everything that has been agreed in writing.

Look after the call recordings and the copies of the correspondence you send very carefully and keep them for a number of years.

What a shame we have to take this kind of action with Npower – or with any other company but am afraid that they are a complete shower. I congratulate you on your caution

Thanks for the reply BankFodder. My phone has a built in recording facility which I've just tested is working, so I'll use that and then back up the recordings to my Google drive. Hopefully we can get this boxed off pretty quickly, I'll update the thread in due course.

£900 would be handy before Xmas :wink:

I should think that 900 quid would be handy any time.