Not eligible for boiler grant - but I'm still offered grant [bill reduction].

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2757 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have applied for boiler grant through one of the big 6 energy companies.

The subcontractor called and told me I can have boiler and installation if I contribute few hundreds of pounds, reduced from around £2000.

Then I have applied through [removed] again

- as first company didn't want to tell me what boiler exactly will I be getting.

Not even output power...

[removed] told me that I'm not eligible for grant at all as my current boiler is too effective [above 86%, but leaking].

I met all other conditions.

I don't know what to think now.

Is first subcontractor taking me for a ride, trying to flog some old type of boiler or maybe it is proven to be bad quality and maintenance cost will be high?

I'm not giving names as I don't want to imply anything.

PS - Am I right to think that '[removed]' is government and impartial?

i'm, removing their name sadly

they are not govt approved and charge for their services.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it is typical for the installer to want a few hundred quid

I got mine totally free but had to pay the installer £325

that was 2014.

I also got the survey done free too.

[£150]

this is where these and other companies that you listed and advertise on TV and in mags get their money.

and more ontop from you.

talk to the supplier that arranged things and check with them.

no some spoofing website out to fleece people

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i'm, removing their name sadly
I'm OK with that, but that might be the reason I couldn't find any information about them. There is no clear connection in search engine between company and information about them. So now anyone looking for info will see - "they" :sad: are not approved but will not know who... Connection between [commercial] + [name] should actually work as anty-advertisement.

In this case I can only add, this website will come on the first page in search engine [searching for: boiler + grant] and that they have many other websites too.

Yes survey was done free, I can see new EPC for my property on a web [it took 10 minutes to survey].

My concern is not having it in writing, which I would ask for - indeed. I'm rather concerned I'm not eligible and agreeing for a deal that indeed is only offered to get rid of old or defective stock... since I'm not really eligible... as said by commercial company... I'm confused now...

Yes I will call supplier.

Edited by face-t

https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/environmental-programmes/eco/support-improving-your-home/faqs-domestic-consumers

ring this lot and check

as far as I can make out if your boiler is less than 91% efficient you are ok

dx

and they

• 3 weeks later...

So now I know I was misinformed on all occasions- apart from one.

I was eligible all the time, but some companies don't deal with some type of situations.

It took several calls to multiple energy companies, some of them few times, also it took about 3 calls to Energy Saving Trust [that I think is first point of contact in this situation - 0300 123 123 4 - and I think they are tax sponsored].

Finally latter told me that most Big energy companies deal with boilers if their efficiency falls below B GRADE and only some if it falls inside B GRADE.

It happened that in the process, some companies were telling me that my boiler is X efficient, and other Z efficient.

All of them [apart from one] were saying I'm not eligible, including money grabbers :) that always come at the top of search engine when you look for grant. And they should know the best.

All this time I was suspicious why only one company decided to go trough with my application.

For obvious reasons I wouldn't ask them 'Why?', as that could be conflict of interest.

Gov website [gov energy-grants-calculator] is at least cryptic.

It asks you questions, but it doesn't clarify anywhere why and what.

It doesn't provide basic information for less skilled in information research and I can only suppose how many people were turned down by one company but would be eligible in other.

Shame.

:|