Issue with refund for rejecting a faulty car

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2777 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I purchased a second hand car from a Vauxhall Dealer via bank transfer on 13/10/2016.

Last week i had the reversing lights intermitantly staying on while driving

and then on Thursday the battery exploded!

The car was towed to the garage where i have asked for a full refund.

They have said they have replaced the battery and cleaned the battery acid up.

However when i have asked for a full refund as i have no faith the car will not have any damage from spraying battery acid they have refused but have offered me the next service free!!

Can anyone please advised if i should be given a full refund as it is within 28 days of purchasing this vehicle?

The time limit for rejecting the vehicle is 30 days and so you are well within the time. This applies even if it is a second-hand vehicle.

Put your request to them in writing. Refuse to accept the car back. Tell them that in view of the value of the car and the inconvenience to you of not having a vehicle that if they do not refund you in full within seven days that you will begin a legal action to recover your money plus interest. Tell them also that you will contact Vauxhall and tell them that they have a dealer which is refusing to honour the consumer rights contained in the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

Can you tell us which dealer this is please