Clydesdale Bank obstructive behaviour

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well..............a cheque for £1,100 or so dropped through my door yesterday with the usual intimidating, threatening letter 'countersuing' etc. if they were that prepared to 'countersue' why didn't they sue at the time or when I first made a claim. As a good friend of mine used to say, "never make a threat you're not prepared to carry out" he also used to say "empty vessels make the most noise" but we were ****ed at the time and I think it was directed at me!....LOL

Interestingly, this comes a few days after the FOS sent me a letter saying they were looking into matters, I wonder whats going on in the background, have they spoken to McKirdy and his cronies who have decided to make an offer, which I consider to be nothing more than another delaying tactic as they could have made the same offer at the very start. Consequently I'm going to enclose a copy of the letter to the FOS as they have asked me to let them know if there are any further developments. Hopefully, if I play my cards right, the FOS won't want to seem like w**kers in that they have either spoken to someone and 'off the record' told CB to do something before it escalates or they haven't extracted a digit yet and have done nothing in which case they are as bad as the banks..............nooooooooooooo.

One thing the letter did specifically refer to was that I had written cheques whilst I wasn't in funds (one of their reasons for countersuing) which, as I understand it, is in fact illegal as of a few years ago. However that entitled them to prosecute me at the time via the courts not arbitrarily according to their rules, which I will be pointing out to McKirdy when I reply.

I'll think it over for the next day or two before I write back to him and forward the information to the FOS.

Fortunatly I'm in the position this year, for once, to be able to afford to turn down the £1,100 but the *** don't swear *** have really put me through it over the years and some years at this time I would have buckled.

Onward and upward.

Been screwed by banks all my life, it's payback time!!!!

OK as I seem to be handing out advice here I guess I had better add a disclaimer to my signature, Caro, hope you don't mind but I nicked yours.

Advice & opinions given by Dread are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.