Sports Direct - Direct Debit

HateX4L
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2775 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I originally signed up for a six month membership in November 2015 at £5 a month and when this expired I went on to a rolling monthly contract.

Last week I noticed that the payments for September and October had debited my bank account at £9.99. As I had not received 10 days notification of an intended increase in the payments, I emailed Sports Direct and asked them to provide proof of the relevant correspondence that notified me of the intended increase, I did not receive a reply and so, I filed an indemnity claim under the direct debit guarantee scheme with my bank and they refunded me £19.98.

Today I received an email stating they had investigated the claim and found that they weren't in breach and now want the money (£19.98) back from me plus a £10 administration fee! Basically they are now saying that "if the Outstanding Balance and the £10 administrative charges are not paid in full within 10 days from the date of this letter, we will add an additional £10 administrative fee to the balance." Please DO NOT IGNORE this letter. We take failure to pay very seriously and will issue proceedings for the failure of any payments. Plus I can no longer go to the gym, well not there anyway!

Any ideas what action I should take next, I don't really want to leave there, but I will if I have to.

Hi HateX$L,

Threads merged - please use the existing thread to update us.

Who was this email from - unless from the bank (which I doubt), it is meaningless.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Hate X4L,

Sorry, my mistake !!

I now see this is a new topic about Sports Direct and it's NOT related to the dispute with Xercise4Less and Harlands/CRS we were dealing with last month. So I've de-merged the posts back into your 2 separate threads.

Have you checked the agreement when you joined. Did it perhaps say first 10 months at £5 a month and then £9.99 a month thereafter. If this is not the case and the DD was increased without prior notice, you have the right to claim back under the DD Guarantee Scheme. However, you used the gym and should offer to pay them the reduced amount for any months you've had the DD refunded.

To move on and resolve this issue, you need to ask the gym for sight of the agreement you signed or agreed to and the T&C's that applied. You can ask for this by email.

:-)

If you don't come to an arrangement that suits you and the gym, you'll be unable to stay on as a member. You left Xercise 4Less last year and if you can't use Sports Direct, you may be running out of gym options !!

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)