mortgage arrears charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2782 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello after a bit of help

trying to reclaim mortgage arrears charges through the Financial Ombudsman charges total £5000 of which i have paid £3500 through increased mortgage payments

I have now been allocated to an adjudicator whom i have spoken to today

Trouble is he wasn't that clued up and i think he s going to dismiss my complaint

he said that he has looked at the charges and has spotted some that should not have been applied but most of the £40 monthly arrears charges are stated in my terms and conditions so he see s these as fair

i told him about the FSAs guidance where they state excessive charges can be refunded he said he never heard of it so i sent him a link about GMAC where they had to repay £2.900000.

is there anything else i can send him before he makes his decision

any help would be appreciated

Sometimes thats hiw FOS will view it unfortunately.

On the plus side, just because FOS may reject your claim does not mean you cannot start a claim through the courts.

In my opinion it would have been better to do this from the start but no harm done, it isnt over yet, not by a long way.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thanks for the quick reply Martin do you think the fact that i have shown him the GMAC article may make him think again because of the excessive amount of the monthly fee

I heard of cases that refer to MCOB rulings should i email him and mention this or will i wait til adjudicator dismiss s the complaint then bring it up with the obbudsman

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452397-Claim-for-GE-money-fees-***-Settled***

Tbh i wouldnt bother escalating it to the Ombudsman, they are unlikely to overturn their own adjudicator's decision.

Have a read of my thread above, all you need to know is there.

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Martin read your thread fantastic wish i had went court way now my companys are exactly as yours GE/Kessington what do you think i should do as a way forward with the adjudicator. should i badger him with lots of pages for him to read ...give him his due he emailed me at 17.25 and said thankyou for the article and he has now read this and an additional article could this be good news

Wait and see what he sends you in writing, if its not what you want, there is always court and GMAC do not like court.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread