Bought car with disabled tax

thedryad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2785 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've just bought a car from a private seller. Very happy with the car but when I went to tax it before picking it up I noticed that it is classed as disabled for tax purposes.

It is currently SORN.

I have the new keepers supplement but the seller retained the rest of the V5.

I have the MOT certificate.

Can I change the tax class at the post office and pay for tax at the same time?

Just go to post office, tell them and they'll change it. I did it on my 4x4 in March. Take the v5c and payment to and they'll do the rest.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yep. Tax class was switched to disabled. Went to Post office, and they changed it there and then.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Mine was a disabled car as well. I confirm that it's as easy as confirming to the PO that it is no longer for a disabled person. I already knew my class a rate due but they looked it up on their system as well right there and then

• Haha 1