Weekly bus tickets (Glasgow)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm due to visit Glasgow in a few weeks time. As someone who lives in England, I'm not entitled to use my bus pass up there, which means having to buy bus tickets for travel.

Anyway, I'm flying up. I've done some Googling and have a few questions:

- Traveline have pointed me in the direction of First who have a selection of daily, weekly and monthly tickets. Do the weekly tickets start on Monday? Or can I arrive on the Thursday (as is the plan) and buy a weekly ticket?

- Can I use my weekly ticket on the 500 service which takes me from the airport to the city centre (ish) ?

First buses never make it very clear,

but if you look at the zone maps for Glasgow,

the airport is in zone 3 and you therefore need the network weekly pass at £20,

which will give you bus services on the Glasgow network for 7 days from date of issue.

The 500 service timetable does not include notes about any tickets being excluded for use.

I think they charge a higher single/return, because a lot of people visiting Glasgow or coming back home from holidays would just want that journey and not have a weekly ticket or won't use other bus services.

That is my reading. In other cities the airport is further away and there are specific airport buses which are not part of the network.

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread