PRA Claim Form - HSBC current account OD

tinmachine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"We write further to the above and confirm receipt of your defence. We have written to the court to inform it that we wish to proceed with our claim."

They have responded to the court within the specified time, so the case wont be stayed and hence why you can expect a notice of allocation arriving

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well we've seen them say this before and they haven't

see if the court write with allocation

if not around the date above it gets autostayed

and it will cost them to lift the stay.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You say that like I haven't looked.

I'm asking because most of the posts I read are confusing at best.

I have no idea what most of this terminology or the process means and it scares the crap out of me that if I do something wrong this will end in court and my wife (who the claim is against) will absolutely NOT go there and will just let it be heard without attending.

If anyone can please explain what this form is actually for and what will happen next I'd be grateful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

tinmachine - it can be difficult reading other threads while you're anxious about what lies ahead with your claim, but rest assured the help will be here when you need it. I don't know too much about these dodgy HSBC managed loan/overdraft dealings, but it sounds as if the claimant will have a bit of work on their hands here. There's a fair bit of time to run, so just try not to stress on it and take time to find similar scenarios to read up on. Ultimately, the objective will be two-fold - to make them work, and to identify and make challenges to the legality to their claim. I've got a bit of experience dealing with PRA, so I'll keep an eye on your thread. It would give me great pleasure to assist you with getting them in a good chokehold. ;)

Just make sure to stay on top of everything. Don't leave anything until the last minute and you'll maintain better control over what's happening.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Andy & Shamrocker, I'm sure this will all work out in our favour with your support.

I've read the replies on the threads that Andy suggested and will be posting our intended reply here as soon as I can make sense of it.

Thanks Andy & Shamrocker, I'm sure this will all work out in our favour with your support.

I've read the replies on the threads that Andy suggested and will be posting our intended reply here as soon as I can make sense of it.

Keep your eye on your dates :wink:

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

How does this look so far?

A. Settlement

1. No

2. No

3. On receipt of this claim I immediately requested documentation by way of a CPR 31.14 request, which was received by the Claimant on the *******. The Claimant has failed to comply with this request.

B. Court

1. Not sure what to put in this section

2. Not sure what to put in this section

C. Pre-action protocols

1. Yes

D. Case management information

1. No

2. Not sure what to put in this section

3. They have requested fast-track, do I put anything in here?

4. Not sure what to put in this section

E. Experts

1. No

2. No

3. No

F. Witnesses

1. None?

G. Trial or Final Hearing

1. Less than one day

H. No precedent H

I. Other information

1. No future applications

2. Other info to consider

A CPR 31.14 request was delivered on XXXXXX but to this date the claimant has provided none of the requested information as follows:-

(a) Provide a copy agreement/facility arrangement along with the Terms and conditions at inception, which this claim is based on which shows a facility of £25,000,00

(b) Provide a copy of the Notice served under 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Demand /Recall Notice and Notice of Assignment.

© Provide a breakdown of their excessive charging/fees levied to the account with justification.

(d) Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed.

(e) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

J. Directions

1. No proposed directions received from claimant, standard directions to be enclosed?

presume it is fast track, n150?

Now N181 Ford:wink:

A. Settlement

1. No...Yes

2. No...Yes

3. On receipt of this claim I immediately requested documentation by way of a CPR 31.14 request, which was received by the Claimant on the *******. The Claimant has failed to comply with this request. Not a valid reason

B. Court

1. Not sure what to put in this section Complete second Box name your local county court

2. Not sure what to put in this section Yes

C. Pre-action protocols

1. Yes...No Not applicable to defendant

D. Case management information

1. No

2. Not sure what to put in this section Fast Track agreed

3. They have requested fast-track, do I put anything in here? Fast Track

4. Not sure what to put in this section Not applicable to Fast Track ignore

E. Experts

1. No

2. No

3. No

F. Witnesses

1. None? 1 ...you

G. Trial or Final Hearing

1. Less than one day

H. No precedent H (ignore leave blank)

I. Other information

1. No future applications

2. Other info to consider

A CPR 31.14 request was delivered on XXXXXX but to this date the claimant has provided none of the requested information as follows:-

(a) Provide a copy agreement/facility arrangement along with the Terms and conditions at inception, which this claim is based on which shows a facility of £25,000,00

(b) Provide a copy of the Notice served under 76(1) and 98(1) of the CCA1974 Demand /Recall Notice and Notice of Assignment.

© Provide a breakdown of their excessive charging/fees levied to the account with justification.

(d) Show how the Claimant has reached the amount claimed.

(e) Show how the Claimant has the legal right, either under statute or equity to issue a claim.

Remove all the above in blue... should already be in your defence

J. Directions

1. No proposed directions received from claimant, standard directions to be enclosed? Yes

Andy

Now N181 Fordwink.gif

oops :)

tin, there will still be time to consider things. and maybe settle if thats what you want to do.

have a good think, and see what the guys say.

oops :)

tin, there will still be time to consider things. and maybe settle if thats what you want to do.

have a good think, and see what the guys say.

Thanks Ford; It's just the stress talking really. The N181 with draft directions has gone off to the court and the claimant; I'll wait and see what comes next.

• 2 months later...

Update.

It was all quiet over Christmas but we've just had a 'N24 Standard order for stay for settlement' form from the court. It seems pretty self explanatory, and we don't have to do anything as the defendant.

It states that one of the prescribed steps must be taken before 8 March 2017; the steps are for the claimant only, unless they try to come to some agreement with us.

So we sit and wait.

Pretty much so......its there call but normally either party must comply ?

• 2 weeks later...

Had a letter from PRA group yesterday asking for permission to stay the court date whilst they await further documents from the 'original creditor'. They have enclosed copies of some historical account transactions (statements) showing the original loan amount and subsequent payments and some other statement (unidentified) which we believe was a record of the payments made under the debt consolidation mentioned earlier.

If we don't agree to stay and it goes to court what is likely to happen?

Alternatively, if we do agree to stay what documents will they be hoping to obtain (as we already know the amount owed was for a loan but what they are claiming is for an overdraft)?

And how will those two decisions impact on the court's decision (e.g. is either more favourable for a positive outcome for us)?

Thanks.

Had a letter from PRA group yesterday asking for permission to stay the court date whilst they await further documents from the 'original creditor'. They have enclosed copies of some historical account transactions (statements) showing the original loan amount and subsequent payments and some other statement (unidentified) which we believe was a record of the payments made under the debt consolidation mentioned earlier.

If we don't agree to stay and it goes to court what is likely to happen? You allow them more time to find the documents to help with their claim....and most probably you will lose.....dont allow further time

Alternatively, if we do agree to stay what documents will they be hoping to obtain (as we already know the amount owed was for a loan but what they are claiming is for an overdraft)?Thats why they cant find anything

And how will those two decisions impact on the court's decision (e.g. is either more favourable for a positive outcome for us)? No effect...you are just following the normal court process.

Thanks.

Andy

Thanks Andy. Is the next step, if we don't agree to a stay (which we won't) for the court to allocate a date?

What do you think is the likelihood of PRA turning up for a court appearance without the documents?

Well as this is Fast Track..if they wish to proceed and its moved to allocation and filling the N181 it will ask if parties are agreeable to mediation (which the courts expects parties to participate) but be careful because mediation is not free in Fast Track..parties are expected to cover the costs......but if there is mediation its normally a 1 month stay anyway...so they get their stay...but only if they wish to proceed to allocation...not before.

Hope that makes sense.

Andy

It does thanks. I'll wait and see what they do.

The letter the court sent says that one of three things must happen.

1, claimant must notify the court if the whole of the sum has been settled

2, the claimant or defendant must write to the court asking for an extension of the stay (PRA have already written to the court asking for a stay to give us time to look at the statements they sent us)

3, all parties must file completed directions questionnaires

PRA have presumably complied with step 2. Do the court now wait for PRA to get back in touch with them to let them know if we've sorted anything out between ourselves? If so, how long will the court wait for a reply?

Thanks again.