Halifax Loan one

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2849 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Halifax Loan ONE

Took this loan out at my loacl Halifax branch back in 2008

Amount of loan was £8,000 amount repayable £13,126.08 over 98 months at £136.73 per month £5,126.08 interest on total loan

This loan was to repay another Halifax loan and credit card that was outstanding at the time (the money cleared the balances) Racked up by gaming as per pervious threads.

Within a period of 8 months i started to struggle with repayments, before the account got defaulted in 2010

After letters back and forth, with respect charges for late payments default sums I was refunded part of all charges, which lowered the balance repayable through various debt collection companies.

I on serveral occassions wrote seeking why the interest hadnt stopped been applied even after informing them of financial difficulties, The reply from HALIFAX was very confusing to say the least ad STILL remains such.

The balance remains at £9,200 even after repaying £6,996 over the last six years. The Halifax state that the full interest is applied on opening of the loan account, however the statements i receive break this down monthly ??

confused yet... I have been for years. They continue to state no interest has been added since informing them.

The last contact with Halifax, I wrote informing them I would repay the loan amount only £8,000 via the debt collection company, I got NO reply back. For the first year the payments been made didnt even cover the monthly interest, have statements showing such.

Have been paying Iqor since 2011 and get yearly statements from Halifax No threatening letters or discounts offered, just odd reminder when i miss payment.

Far as i am concerned i have nearly paid £8k amount borrowed and when such figure has been reached, The supposingly £5k interest well see what they do when payments stop.

Although this account defaulted in 2010 I still managed to abtain another loan from the Bank of Scotland (see next thread) just before this one defaulted

SAR request will go in post in morning and up dates will follow as when reply arrives. CCA also going to Iqor just starting afresh now SAR etc going in as per reasons explained.

Default leave credit files next month after 6 years.

Edited by shywazz
Check for spelling

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.