The Benefit Cap

Guest Miss Anxious
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Miss Anxious

I am about to move to an area where my rent will be nearly double what I am paying now. (I get HB)

I have just been told I will get the severe disability allowance as I live alone. ( I did not apply for this)

This means I will receive in combined benefits...ie: Support group, PIP and housing benefit, which will be more than £350 per week including housing.

Am I affected?

Can anyone advise?

Thank you.

No, you won't be affected by the cap because you are in the Support Group of ESA, and also because you receive PIP.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

https://www.gov.uk/benefit-cap/benefits-included-in-the-cap

Thats the official stance on the matter so as Antone said, you shouldnt need to worry

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Guest Miss Anxious

Thank you for your replies. I feel happier now about the move, as otherwise I would not be able to afford it......this PIP has changed my life.....I can now buy plenty of food.....