Greengrocer vs capital one **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes this is pretty normal, just a case of sitting back and waiting for their defence now.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got an 'Acknowledgement of Service' notice today from the Court. Says Capital One want to Defend all of the claim. Guess that's pretty usual. No other info forthcoming from the yet, though.

Fingers crossed

GG

YES this is the normal thing here!! You'll get a letter saying they'll pay as a gesture of good will etc.. and they are right - you are wrong!!!!!:cool:

jUST HANG IN THERE - ANYDAY NOW!!!:-D :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Still no news from Cap One. Deemed served on the 7th. They've got 28 days to defend, right? Maybe I'm just getting impatient!

GG

Capital One: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 14 Nov 06, Prelim 8 Dec 06, LBA 10 Jan 07, MCOL 1 Mar 07. Settled in full 2 Apr 07. :)

HSBC: Prelim 27 Feb 07, LBA 10 Apr 2007, Received offer 25 Apr 07. Rejected 2nd May 07. Received new offer 22 May 2007. Accepted 22 May 2007. Settled.

Barclaycard: SAR 2nd May 2007.

Still no news from Cap One. Deemed served on the 7th. They've got 28 days to defend, right? Maybe I'm just getting impatient!

GG

Hiya GG - shouldn't be too long now for you!!! You should hear anyday now I am sure.

(They are probably busy reading their way through my amended POC's!! Maybe I ought to have done it in BIGGER print so Mr Udy could read it :grin: :grin: )

Still no news...ho hum...

(taps fingers on desk impatiently...)

GG

Capital One: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 14 Nov 06, Prelim 8 Dec 06, LBA 10 Jan 07, MCOL 1 Mar 07. Settled in full 2 Apr 07. :)

HSBC: Prelim 27 Feb 07, LBA 10 Apr 2007, Received offer 25 Apr 07. Rejected 2nd May 07. Received new offer 22 May 2007. Accepted 22 May 2007. Settled.

Still no news...ho hum...

(taps fingers on desk impatiently...)

GG

GG - you could try ring them? one of their legal people is Wendy Starr 0115 843 3013 - you never know you may get past her voicemail ?? Seems they don't like us ringing them? :???: (Mmm!!! but they love to call us??)

I have a hearing next week on 2nd April 2007 for the amendment to my POC's - this gives CAP1 the opportunity to explain to the court prior to the AQ Hearing set for 17th April why they are not telling truths on their AQ !!!

Now me can't wait for that one!! - can't wait to hear then tell court why they been lying to court in their AQ and all the other stuff that has been going on!! Now me wonder what Judge is going to say about their "porkies" to court ?? :lol: :lol: :lol: (she falls off chair with laughter)

GG - just hang in there - these people are just a bit on the nutty side and never really know what they are doing with these cases!! I think they just stock pile us hoping we will go away!! :grin:

I can't wait to hear you won!!!

Ok, an update folks:

MCOL changed to 'Defence' today, and it says:

"The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly"

I'm hoping that I will now get a letter from Capital One in the post. Is this normal for them to do this?

I'm not at home again until Friday, so I hope I don't have to respond to anything very quickly!

Any advice anyone?

Thanks

GG

Ok, an update folks:

MCOL changed to 'Defence' today, and it says:

"The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly"

I'm hoping that I will now get a letter from Capital One in the post. Is this normal for them to do this?

I'm not at home again until Friday, so I hope I don't have to respond to anything very quickly!

Any advice anyone?

Thanks

GG

This is normal that they'll file defence disputing charges etc.. - you should hear from them very soon with an offer of payment etc..

If you do get any post from court - there is usually 14 days to reply etc.. - so try not to worry it will be fine. :D good luck this shouldn't be too long for you now!!

Hi Greengrocer,

I received my settlement from them on the last day they had to file the defence.

Check your account on a daily basis as in some cases it has shown up there before the letter comes out. Another Cag user did this last week and actually founf they had paid the money in full into his account and he/she was delighted.

DS

Thanks, both. I can't check my account as they've stopped my internet access as I was behind with replayments, but I'll check the post when I get back on Friday and keep my fingers crossed!

GG

The internet access does get put on hold with a few customers. I would expect a snotty letter from them sometime after your refund.

Uk

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Hi everyone - good news! Got back home on Friday to find a letter from Capital One on the doormat - they've refunded all my charges, with the 8% interest. So that clears my account and gives me about £50 left over, for which they say they'll send me a cheque. Very happy!

Thanks for all your help!

GG

Thought I'd summarise the timings of things, in case it's of interest to anyone:

14 Nov 06: Sent SAR

7 Dec 06: Statements received

8 Dec 06: Prelim request for payment sent

4 Jan 07: Recevied part offer, accepted as part payment

1 Mar 07: MCOL filed (delayed on my part) (8% interest added)

7 Mar 07: Acknowledged by Capital One

2 April 07: MCOL said 'defended' but got letter refunding all charges and 8% interest

Well done...congratulations..

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Thanks once again, all, for your advice. How do I change the title of the post to **won** ?

(and how come my sig isn't showing... it's saved and everything... and I've selected 'show your signature' in the post window...)

GG