Making HSBC pay it back!!

danielking
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all, too many helpful people to mention, finally getting around to posting a message on this brilliant site. I have started a journal on my claim (two accounts from HSBC) and will start one against A&L based on the outcome. I admit I waited to see what the outcome was for my brother in law before I was completely convinced about the reclaim process (I know, I know, not very brave), but we are three weeks in and praying for a windfall for Christmas.

Have thought for a long time that what the banks are doing is so wrong, and they make SO much profit, it is apalling. Just a brief skim through varoius threads can add up to £50k+, its shocking.

My journal follows, would love to hear from anyone at a similar stage as me (PAR and LBA, had paper copies/internet access already hence no need for a SAR), or at a more advanced/successful stage!!

Journal pasted in below. Sorry for the length, all the next messages will be shorter I promise!!!!

Danny

You will need to work out the interest you are owed up to the date you start the claim. You first need to work out the daily rate of interest. Using a calculator, do the following:

0.00022 X the amount of your claim – this gives you the daily rate of interest.

All charges, mark down dates and reasons on paper, then mark onto spreadsheet, then send request.

(1) SAR (if no statements)

1 - prelim app for repay

2 - Letter befor action

3 - N1

4 - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html

(MCOL: positioning you for a new kind of health care)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-claiming-back-your.html

Journal of Events:

23/10/06

Preliminary Application for Repayment sent for both accounts with HSBC (9xxxxxxx and 9xxxxxxx)

7/11/06

No reply to either letter, so LBA sent.

14/11/06

Have just found a better HSBC address, but the site reckons the letters get to where they need to be by internal mail anyway.

Mr David Lewis, Head of Customer Relations,

Level 36,

8 canada Square, London, E14 5HQ.

Tel 020 7991 8550 Fax 020 7991 4992

Hi Daniel

Nice detailed actions you have taken, best place to psot them would be under HSBC in the main bank section, make yourself a v's thread linked below under list of banks

Welldone for starting a claim I hope you get a good result soon:D

BL

Go to the HSBC forum http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/

then click on the Start New Thread, you can the enter all your details in the correct forum and return to them whenever you need to add details or ask questions.

treasure.gif

• Haha 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Thanks for your help deller, that is done now!

And I just read your story cheddar - wow, I think they should make a film about it, it was wonderful to read that you got your money in the end (and they still made you wait an extra day or two, it really is incredible isn't it!!!!)!!!!

Well done, and thanks!

No problem!! ;-)

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all (anyone!!!),

I had the acknowledgement of the legal process on 24/11, and I have recieved a letter (4/12) now offering 85% of the claim.

I just need someone to remind me to be confident, sit tight, and I will get the full amount.

Or should I settle and get on with my Christmas shopping?

Danny