Cashing in a Pension Pot at 55 to buy a house while on benefits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You are in a LHA flat? but have not said which floor you are on or whether or not there is lift or stair access. So assuming you are not on the ground floor and that access is by stairs only (although a lift will not make much difference)

This is the course of action I would take if I was in your shoes

1] I would forget about cashing in the pension as the vultures strike hard if you are below 60. I know this for a fact as an aunt of mine cashed hers in at 57 and out of 154k she ended up with 63k

2] I would then get down to the LHA offices and tell them that due to my worsening condition and the daily problems that are occurring with the neighbours I would like to move. (I would make sure I have some idea of what/where I would like to move to and the type of property I would want to move into, (personally a small bungalow in a better area))

3] then I would put pressure on the LHA if they dragged their heels by going to see my local MP and explain the situation, its surprising what a little nudge from a MP can acheive.

4] then once moved I would relax in the knowledge that the pension pot should help to ensure a better life in the future.

But thats me... what course of action you follow is entirely up to you.

• Confused 1