Scottish Power ...To the Executor of the late........

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2902 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Apparently I've died!

Today I have received a letter from my energy supplier which is addressed to the Executor of the late (ME)

We are very sorry to hear about the recent passing of the Late ........................

At Scottish Power we are committed to providing the help and support which is most appropriate to the needs of the customer. Blah, blash, blah

Should you wish to speak to Philips & Cohen Associates (UK( Ltd in the meantime about the account(s), please call them on xxxxxxxxxx

I have spoken with a female at SP who refused to accept me recording the call and advised she did not agree with the call being used in any legal matters so I asked to speak to a manager. She said managers do not deal with these calls. She could not offer any explanation as to where the letter had come from and I gave her 5 days to investigate before I refer it to my legal advisors. She made no offer of apology which I felt was very insensitive but didn't expect one from such an unprofessional organisation. I will be moving energy suppliers imminently.

I then called Philips & Cohen and spoke to a lovely lady who couldn't apologise enough and recognised the distress this has caused me. She has taken details and advised that the correspondence they have received from SP even has an incorrect date of birth. She is referring the case back to SP with strong complaint.

SP have called me since to ask me to send them a copy of todays correspondence as they have no record of it on their system! I don't feel I should have the inconvenience of doing this but hope to be guided by someone here, if possible?

Now, some of you may be aware that I have recently been widowed and also lost my sister so just to clarify, their matters regarding utility companies are all settled and closed and the date of births have no resemblance to either of my relatives.

The account number on todays letter refers to electricity at my address.

I cannot convey the distress this has caused me today and thankfully I am due to see my bereavement counsellor tomorrow.

How should I proceed with this matter?

Santander PPI X 2 **WON** claims on behalf of son (Oct 2010/ Mar 2011)

Citicard O/H (PPI) - **WON** Compound Interest Dec 2011

Citicard O/H (Charges) Bailiffs sent in August 2012

Barclaycard - **WON** Compound Interest Oct 2011

Monument - account information being sought for OH

Citicard - self - N1 submitted August 2012

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Barclaycard - relation - Failed SAR sent 29/09/11

Halifax SAR sent 18/08/2011 for relation

LTSB - SAR sent 09/08/2011 for friend

Shocking Shelley...but it is Scottish Power.

I will amend your thread title to include the Company name involved for the benefit of Twitter.Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

SP have called me since to ask me to send them a copy of todays correspondence as they have no record of it on their system! I don't feel I should have the inconvenience of doing this but hope to be guided by someone here, if possible?

How should I proceed with this matter?

I find it incredulous that SP do not have a record of the letter. It would indicate a very poor IT system and/or (mis)management. If they want you to send them a copy, then they should either provide a pre-paid envelope or accept a letter without a stamp on it (Royal Mail will of course charge them for the service).

To be honest, I wouldn't bother going through customer services. Go straight to the top and file a complaint with the Chief Executives Office. If that fails to get a result, then contact the press (they would have a field day over that).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you Andy.

My. P, I have sent an email with attachment to the CEO Keith Anderson today and await his reply.

I notice they say they have 8 weeks to deal with complaints? I could be dead by then so I have given them 5 days and we'll see how they respond.:-x

Barclaycard - self - **WON** damages for non disclosure/information now rec'd. Aug 2012

Yesterday, Sunday, I received an email from their Director Support Team.

Firstly apologising for the inconvenience it's caused.

They are saying that they didn't close the old account down properly as they hadn't received and probate information. They didn't request any at the time and that still doesn't account for the incorrect date of birth being given to Philips Cohen associates!

They had put a deceased flag next to the account and the agent obviously had seen it when setting up my account, hence the letter to a deceased `me`

It sounds like they are blaming me because I am using the same bank account and they're trying to say I haven't dealt with probate properly because I should have closed the bank account and opened a new up for probate matters......

Probate is of no concern of any utility company...you inform them...you settle the debt...you close the account...that's the way I have done it for all the cases i have dealt with.

Sound like waffle Shelley

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

typical of them to blame you for their errors. I hope that you havent given them your dob as they dont need it to spuuly you with leccy. As for telling you how to run your financial affairs, that is insulting and they even get that wrong.

I replied to their email and a member of the Directors support team has telephoned me today and left a voicemail saying they are going to add the outstanding balance from my late husbands account to my account and collect it through the new meter.........