Credit resolution services / Xercise4less

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

looking on here there's lot of threads with these clowns,

my daughter today got a lovely letter from these with fees totaling £102

have been added with account balance of £222.47,

She cancelled in January by email but unfortunately cancelled the last dd before it could be taken out,

where they get these charges from I haven't got a clue,

It was a 12 month contract and was paying £14.99 a month

which is how much she should owe with it been her last payment

This afternoon my daughter phoned me while I was at work because she's a bit concerned about it,

I told her to phone them and explain that she had emailed to cancel ,

so what happens they threatened her with more charges

and she agreed to pay £10 a month starting from 1st June.

no!!

pay them the missing month and that's it

you should never ever phone CRS or anyone

they are NOT BAILIFFS.

they have no such legal powers.

how is she doing this? DD?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no don't phone them again.

can she not cancel the DD on her bank interweb portal.

then just send them the missing one months payment by bacs

there are several letters in the gym threads by slick132

just send them one of those.

let slick132 pop in too first and confirm mind

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Thommo and welcome to CAG

Please tell YD 2 things :-

Firstly, stay OFF the phone completely. Talking to the gym or Harlands/CRS is a total waste of time.

Secondly, she should not worry about these chancers. They are well-known for trying to scare folk with their threats but they often have no justification for making their demands

Just for the record, Harlands fake DCA are known as Credit Resolution Services, not how you have named in the thread title.

Please tell us :-

1. You say YD sent an email to cancel - did she actually send an email and, if so, does she have a copy.

2. Or did she use the X4Less online system. If so, they'll say they never rec'd her online cancellation.

Tell YD to ignore these jokers for now, until we decide her next best move.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thank you slick ,yes she sent it by there online system,which she still has proof of sending,I only realized she had signed in her ex boy friends address who she has been back in touch and he says there has been no letters been sent there,

Hi Thommo,

It's important that Harlands know YD's CURRENT address so she knows what they're up to at all times. The letter you refer to in post #1 - was that sent to her current address.

See the letter I drafted here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452455-Exercise4Less-Harlands&p=4794120&viewfull=1#post4794120

Adapt it so it reflects YD's case and send it to Harlands. Follow the advice about getting a free Certificate of Posting.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thank you,she's only ever had 1 current address but for some reason she put her ex boyfriend address when she joined.

She cancelled her membership on 9/01/16 her last dd came out on 28th jan ,I actually told her to cancell her dd after that in case they kept taking money out .

Sorry I missed your question that letter was sent to her current address,it is possible letters could have been sent to her ex boyfriends ,might have just threw them out

Hi Thommo,

From what you've said, YD owes nothing more. She gave notice to cancel on 9th Jan and paid the final DD that was due on 28th Jan.

If YD has proof of the cancellation she sent in Jan, I'll change my advice to her.

She doesn't need to do anything more for now, except keep us informed of contact from Harlands/CRS, Zinc and/or Spratt Endicott.

Don't waste your or YD's time on them but let us know what happens next.

Also, read other Harlands threads to see what they get up to.

Hi ,just got my daughters dd installments from crs ,

the first payment due tomorrow for £10 ,

looking at the balance it's only £174 now they must have giving her A discount,

anyway that's been cancelled ,

looks like there will be another £25 admin charge.

Hi Thommo,

Thread title changed so it shows CRS's name correctly for you. :wink:

I assume this is CRS's idea of a repayment plan starting with £10, as her m/ship was for £14.99 each month. Nice of them to offer a discount !! :lol: :lol:

If so, ignore this latest nonsense from Harlands/CRS but keep us posted.

Hi,quick update,I received this letter from crs

We have been notified by your bank that your installment of £10 has been declined cancelled,

You have therefore incurred a £25 administrative charge,making amount due £35,

Now asking to call them up to pay arrears and set up new dd over phone,

I have till 9th June to respond or they will taker further action to recover the account balance,

What will I do here ignore for now.

no you don't have until the 9th...

its your money you decide what is done with it

not some powerless company.

and they

ignore it, and stop worrying about charges. you dont have to pay them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Thommo,

Read other threads and you'll see that you mostly need to ignore the stupid threats made by Harlands/CRS, the Zinc Group and Spratt Endicott.

Keep us posted.

Hi Thommo,

Correct to ignore this from Harlands/CRS.

• 2 weeks later...

Today my daughter received her first phone call from these clowns ,she didn't answer it just ignored it,

I'm not worried at all about these idiots ,but trouble is my wife is a panicker and wants to try an sort it out with them over the phone.

Hi Thommo,

Great that YD ignored the call. Talking to them will get her nowhere unless Harlands/CRS get what they want - like your money !!

Your wife needs to understand that Harlands/CRS will make demands for as long as they think they have the chance of extracting money from you. And she needs to realise that their demands and threats are empty.

Whether it's Harlands, Zinc or Spratt Endicott, they all have no power or authority to demand money and admin fees that are simply NOT DUE !! :wink:

There are many hundreds of threads here which all confirm, these cases do NOT end up anywhere near a court because there's no legal basis for the demands being made.

Quick update,

Weve getting another letter from crs saying they are disappointed that th account is still in arrears,

We believe you are in breach of legally binding contract,we may pursue a claim under the contract through the courts.

1. We will write a formal letter explaining what we are demanding and give you a final opportunity to pay/reply

2.if this failed to settle the matter we would issue proceedings against you in the county court

3.you could then , make the payment ending legal process,or dispute some or all of the money

4 if you dispute the amount was owed the court process would continue,then it continues with threats of ccj blah blah blah .

bet it doesn't say will or would court anywhere

dx

and they

Hi Thommo,

As per all the other threads here that should give you guidance, ignore this entirely.

• 2 weeks later...