been paying DWF after 1 plaster theft! im 16.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the only issue is you've been had and fleeced blind.

nothing they can do to you

because you started paying

go get that moneyback

and stop lining their pockets for the little drinkies sessions every evening.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright well i've sent the letter via email so they can't deny them receiving it . I did put in the bit about them accepting £90 as final and full payment so I don't know if I can get the money back , but I won't be paying anymore

don't let geeting that money back drop

as silverfox says.

they have no legal right to it at all.

sra is the way forward.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

post 18 the letter you sent?

I hope?

dx

and they

in which you wrote?

Should you consider that this matter is not closed, I reserve my right to make a Formal Complaint followed by a referral to the Solicitors Regulation Authority with regard to misleading statements and threatening court action where you are not in a position to do so..........

and they

Hi lowkey

As a parent myself I agree with silverfox that you should tell your parents. DRF cannot take you to court, so I suspect that your only real fear is them finding out. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they can tell something has been worrying you and will be relieved to know what it is.

Just sit down with them and explain you did something silly, you've tried to deal with it and take the consequences, but you really need their support.

As sf says, unless you're in a violent household, the worst that can happen is a telling off, but more than likely your parents will be angry with drf for their behaviour towards you. You took a plaster, and they've taken £90 off a minor. Of course what you did wasn't right, but you've more than paid the price.

Get your parents to help you take control now.

• Haha 1
The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Also, has anyone had(or dealt with ) civil recovery instances where one stops paying? Has it led to any more issues?

Since 2012, when a different company got slapped in court, there have been no court cases for shoplifting (Employee theft is different and there may be cases around)

The worst that can happen. More letters, either from DWF or a debt collector they may use. Both can be ignored. any other action is HIGHLY UNLIKELY.

They know what they are doing is wrong but exploited your ignorance to do so.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If a debt collector attempts to collect money from and harass a minor, the police would be very interested imho. Might be worth indicating something like that to the DWF muppets.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

If a debt collector attempts to collect money from and harass a minor, the police would be very interested imho. Might be worth indicating something like that to the DWF muppets.

Yeah that's worth stating to them. Also guys, should I actually go to the bank and get a chargeback for the 3 payments? Or would that get me into trouble? What do you guys think ?

I seriously doubt that you would get your money back. You paid via online banking didn't you?

While I agree you paid under duress, it may become very hard to get the money back. I'll let other comment on that.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

no of course not

but if/if not you do get the moneyback

will make absolutely no difference to that

eitherway, they will STILL pester you.

you might as well try and get it back.

certainly paying them under duress might well be the answer to getting it back.

you don't have to tell the bank what its all about

just simply state that you were coerced into parting with the money

and you now find they are not entitled to it.

and they

Im starting to panic abit

as its just come to my understanding that DWF are actual solicitors?

unlike RLP?

Does this mean they'll take me to court for refusing to make any more payments?

Have i made a mistake by sending that letter?

No one has dealt with my situation before in terms of paying installments then stopping and protesting?

Does DWF have any power to take legal or criminal action?

they might well 'label' themselves as solicitors

but in this instance

they are acting as a no powers DCA,

with as many powers as RLP...NONE.

I suggest you go read other DWF threads

you'll soon wise up.

type DWF Sainsbury in the search cag of the top red toolbar.

and they

OMG! I had nearly finished a substantive post when I pressed the wrong key and closed down my browser:frusty: Try again.

DWF are solicitors but they cannot take any independent action. ONLY Sainsburys can instruct them to do so but they don't as they are fully aware of their chances in court (slim to none)

No one is allowed to profit in a civil case. The court is there to put people back into the position they were in before the loss. As you paid, there was no loss.

To be clear, when a store opens, they factor into their costs the aspect of security which customers pay for at the till. The overheads for security are there irrespective of whether they apprehend a shoplifter or not. So, the costs for security are:

The detection and prevention of crime

The patrolling of the shopfloor

Apprehending and detaining a shoplifter

Monitoring security equipment.

Administration resulting from the apprehension of a shoplifter.

If a security guard was only rewarded on results, they would soon lose the security staff.

These 'security' costs demanded by DWF are nothing of the sort. It is pure profit. Sainsburys know it. DWF know it but they rely on ignorance to obtain their ill gotten gains.

Just to be even clearer, no one on CAG would ever advocate shoplifting but we also believe that companies should not profit from that act. We also believe that shoplifters should be dealt with by the correct body. The police.

essentially you gifted the money so arent entitled to ask for it back.

It was like a birthday present to someone you have now fallen out with.

Sounds odd but that is how the law treats this,

they wont find the level of coercion enough to consider any action to recover it viable.

Tell your friends that if they are in a similar situation

they should seek advice first before agreeing to anything

and if a store security guard says do this or we call the police then invite them to call the police.

For minors the police have steps they must follow

and that includes finding a responsible adult to be with you during questioning.

They wont want all of that over a sticking plaster and you will then get a rash of common sense

and a stern talking to, as befits the crime.

BTW did you use the plaster at the time or just pocket it?

It would make a difference to how to go about getting your money back

if you actually had a cut that you treated.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone I have a problem,

Another letter came today.

This is what they said:

"Dear Sirs

Our client: Sainsbury's Supermarket Limited

Balance due: £64.40

Instalment Agreement Breakdown

We write with reference to your payment arrangement with our client.

Having reviewed the matter, we note your monthly payment(s) of £30.00 have not been maintained. You are therefore currently in arrears by £30.00. Please ensure your arrears are paid to this office by no later than 1 June 2016. If your arrears are not received within this timeframe we will take further action to recover the outstanding balance which may incur further costs to you.

We look forward to receiving your swift reply."

Now they are saying they WILL take further action? What should I do? Should I just pay and move on with my life? I'm not trying to recieve any more fines or court action! Please help someone!

Thanks

the will mean more letters

doesn't and cannot mean anything legal

read it properly

dx

and they

Correct. Just ignore everything they send. They wont issue a court claim. The ONLY reason they are continuing to harass is because you blindly paid them and they marked you as easy prey.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

def shame you got had in the first place

and they

Have these nomarks even the right to be processing a minor's data? If they were silly enough to send a claim form for court they are in the carp. Not that they would imho, just a few more letters before they give up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!