Advice please re: Rejecting car on finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. Looking for some advice.

Firstly, some key notes.

• I live in and bought this vehicle in Scotland
  • The vehicle is on Hire Purchase
  • The vehicle was used, not new (year 2014)

I bought this 64 plate VX Corsa in March 2016 with 7k miles.

Since March ( 2 months ) it's been back at the garage (AC) for a new clutch, a new pedal assembly, a new reversing gear.

It's going back in this week for: a new drivers seat and to have a creaking brake pedal remedied.

Even after all these issues, I am sick of the car and have lost faith in it and just wondering what is next.

Today, it has started knocking when I go over normal bumps so that'll be a new problem to be fixed.

While I have no doubt that AC will fix it, I pretty much dislike the car now and would like advice on rejecting it.

The main reason I am looking at rejection is that I had another car for 2 years and caused me nothing but stress (and hairloss lol) with its problems and noises and repairs so would like to avoid another experience like that as it seems to be going down that familiar route.

I understand the view of "If they fix it, what's your problem?" but this was my new car and it should be happy but it's just a pain in the neck and driving it, i'm always wondering what will be wrong next.

At this stage, I have not contacted the finance company and have just made my first payment within the past week, nor have I made any noise to AC about me being annoyed with this car.

Looking for advice on where to start and what to expect and if they keep fixing problems and I stuck with this annoying car.

Thanks guys!

Welcome UA. As the car is Hire Purchase, then it belongs solely to the finance company, you chose it but they bought it so all problems are theirs and for them to sort out.

If you wish to reject the car, you must do it in writing and if the date of purchase was less than 30 from todays date, then you have the regulations to back up your rejection.

So first off, contact the finance company, I would do that by email, and copy in AC so they are aware. Get your intention to reject known as soon as you possibly can so you don't

give them the chance to say you are out of time.

If you are out of the initial 30 days, that doesn't mean you can't still reject it. You have given them plenty of opportunity repair so rejection is still your right.

You should make your claim on 'not of satisfactory quality'.

You are very unlikely to get an 'ok' from any of them, so you must persevere.