Insurance that covers sofits and facias ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2953 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, does anyone know of an insurance that covers sofits and facia's. I have contents and buildings insurance from one call that doesn't cover sofits or facias.

Thanks

Andy

:|

Think someone at One Call has miss advised you. Would be covered against standard insured perils under any Buildings Insurance.

What next ? Doors and windows not covered !

They won't be covered against general weathering, where they become damaged over a period of time and you can't get insurance for that. But if a storm hit your area of the country, they would be covered against storm damage.

One Call are a large brokers/intermediary and they have a poor reputation. Just check around the forums to see the complaints,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I expect it would depend on what the claim is

If it is timber sofit and facial that has rotten or fallen off due to rot it would not be covered

If you have a leaking roof the insurance often will not cover the repair to the roof as could be age related or poor workmanship they do however cover the damage it caused inside

So it all depends on what you are claiming for and circumstances around it

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)