Moorcroft & Mrs P's halifax Credit card account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter just arrived from Moorcroft for Mrs P asking her to get in touch about a personal matter. she will be ignoring this and waiting for the next letter.

The only thing she has outstanding is a bank account O/D which is made up of charges and interest on charges which we were in the process of reclaiming years ago.

Continue to ignore unless a N1 claim form comes through.

Make sure all letters are opened and filed away safely

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 1 month later...

It's Mrs P's Halifax Credit card account, which she was stopped from using by the bank

and which, as far as she's concerned, was paid off in full at the local Branch last year before we moved house.

Mrs P rang the Halifax and was put through to Moorcroft.

She was told it would be returned to Halifax and she is waiting for the Halifax to contact her.

When we moved house the balance was zero, although she did not physically close the account as Halifax had restricted its use.

I do know there are a number of late fees on this account.

so Halifax still own it and are listed as moorcrofts client.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I assume so. I do know there was a nil balance on this card before we moved so I would love to know where a "debt" of over £200 has come from in 9 months.

moorcrofts letter will state their client

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Shallowfax's own fees & charges no doubt, another admin error, and I can see as a GOGW it being written off, muppets!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

I would like to say a big "thanks" to the Halifax for sorting the problem in Branch today. I received compensation for the inconvenience caused and a wavering of all charges that had been applied to the account. Very competent staff member who went out of her way to help.

Excellent news well done, if only all of their staff could be as pleasant and well trained.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!