Harlands/CRS/Xercise4Less

Carry91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2950 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently returned home from University and had received a letter from CRS stating that I owe a total amount of £207.47 after their fees of £102.50 have been added as a result of ignoring previous letters, none of which I have received. They are not at my term time address nor my home address.

I did have a 12 month contract with X4L which I believe started in March/April 2014 and was told I could end membership anytime after this 12 month period by cancelling my direct debit payments by the staff member I signed up with. I cancelled the direct debit in approximately November/December 2015 due to inactivity and lack of funds as a student, but this was well after the 12 month period I was told I could cancel after with no penalty.

The gym membership itself was only £9.99/pm so even with admin fees on top the amount payable should surely only be around £152.

Any advice you can give me here will be greatly received.

Carry.

Hi Carry and welcome to CAG

Read other threads here and you'll see the majority are about Harlands and X4Less.

Did you have any contact with the gym when you cancelled or did you just stop the DD via your bank.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Carry and welcome to CAG

Read other threads here and you'll see the majority are about Harlands and X4Less.

Did you have any contact with the gym when you cancelled or did you just stop the DD via your bank.

I just stopped the direct debit through online banking, on the assumption that the staff member at X4L was being helpful when he said I could cancel membership anytime after the 12 months by cancelling the DD. I wasn't told I needed to hand in or give any notice other than that after the 12 month period was up.

Hi Carry,

See this post and follow the same advice about what to say and how to get proof of posting - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?460164-Harlands-Xercise4less-cancellation&p=4863571&viewfull=1#post4863571

Change the letter a bit so it's not obvious that you copied it, and post a copy of what you send them here.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

I have now sent a letter that reads like this:

Dear Sir or Madam,

In November/December 2015 I cancelled my direct debit with your company as I no longer use, or have used, the gym in Newcastle-Under-Lyme for several months. I signed up for a 12-month contract in March/April 2014 and while I was there, the member of staff who I signed up with, told me I could cancel the direct debit any time after this period with no penalties.

I now realise I should have paid a final month’s fee as a notice period and I am willing to pay two months’ fees, at £9.99 each or £19.98 overall as a goodwill gesture for what has happened here. I will not, however, pay the penalty fees that Harlands and CRS are demanding on top of this.

Please let me know how I can pay this amount of £19.98 to you and end this matter. Please also ensure that Harlands and CRS stop contacting me immediately and notify them I will not be paying the penalties they demand.

I have also included my address at the end and told them they can contact me by letter.

Hi Carry,

The letter is great !

Did this go to X4Less's Head Office ?

What date was it sent.