Athena APNR civil parking charge notice.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2982 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I have recently come across this thread and at my wits end. I'm someone that has always paid whatever fine possible and tried to stay away from these wicked exploitation which brings me to my recent dilemma.

I received a 'civil parking charge notice' by the above mentioned body of Athena APNR Ltd. It details the

Incident date : 5/3/16

Issue date: 9/3/16

Parking charge: £90

With no mention of a law under any section by the way.

The problem is the time I have used the parking space. I parked there due to the fact that the store was closed which was at 2:47 am. My question is that is this valid as the space wasn't in use or in breach of any laws. Is this enforcement valid at these times?

Pls help!!!

Hello, I have recently come across this thread and at my wits end. I'm someone that has always paid whatever fine possible and tried to stay away from these wicked exploitation which brings me to my recent dilemma.

I received a 'civil parking chargeicon notice' by the above mentioned body of Athena APNR Ltd. It details the

Incident date : 5/3/16

Issue date: 9/3/16

parking chargeicon: £90

Notice to keeper

With no mention of a law under any section by the way.

The problem is the time I have used the parking space. I parked there due to the fact that the store was closed which was at 2:47 am. My question is that is this valid as the space wasn't in use or in breach of any laws. Is this enforcement valid at these times?

Pls help!!!

Hi and welcome to CAG

Athena are part of the VERY flawed IPC and as such tend not to follow PoFA 2012 when it suits them.

It is fairly pointless appealing to them as no doubt they say the time for appeal has passed. It is also pointless appealing to the IPC as they are the parking companies best mates and NOT independant at all which is probably why they have changed their name from the 'Independant Parking Committee' to the International Parking Community.

You could appeal to Athena then follow through to the IPC if only to cost Athena. Otherwise I would be thinking of ignoring them.

Can you go back and photograph the signs, checking to see if there is lighting on the signs

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Well, it could be a legitimate charge if you read and understood the contract offered to you at the time. Were there signs at the entrance to the car park and were they illuminated so they could be easily read?

There are many ways of defeating this claim and the visibility of the signage is just one of them. Another is the paperwork they have sent you being not compliant to create keeper liability and failure to show who the creditor is on their letter. When EXACTLY did you receive the demand as it has to be on your doorstep by the 20th march at the latest. If after that then again, no keeper liability.

Thank you both for the insight. I actually received the letter a week before the 24th, not sure of that day but opening it on the 24th.

There were no luminated or visible signs anywhere visible, the place was pitch black and I remember thinking of leaving the site due to the place being unlit and such because of theft.

Are these cameras or laws enforced 24hrs of everyday though the shop was closed and it was the dead of night?

Thanks

They are all automatic so no human intervention. There was a famous case of someone pushing a shopping trolley around a car park in the dead of night with his nimber plate attached just to see if they really do just issue these claims and they do, the photos clearly showed a bloke pushing a shopping trolley and the company refused to cancel until it became very public and even then they claimed that they had rigourous procedures in place.