reclaiming vintage hfc ppi

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2687 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear All..... GOOD NEWS.

After much communication ( more than I ever expected ) a settlement was offered + Interest to the day.

A settlement has been agreed as full and final settlement.

This should encourage any person doubting whether or not their PPI reclaim is going to be a success.

Mine was from 1989, I had no bank statements to prove payments,

but I did have all of the paperwork from the finance agreement.

The bank had all of my documents on file - so even after a "7 year information deletion", they were still able to access my files !

The banks are trying so hard to prevent you from having access to this vital information.

Thank you to this forum for its guidance, without it, no claim would have been possible.

Hi… Just read your thread with great interest… I have the same going back to 1986! (Eat your heart out DX:-))Got all documents, etc… I am so encouraged by this… well done! TB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All..... GOOD NEWS.

After much communication ( more than I ever expected ) a settlement was offered + Interest to the day.

A settlement has been agreed as full and final settlement.

This should encourage any person doubting whether or not their PPI reclaim is going to be a success.

Mine was from 1989, I had no bank statements to prove payments,

but I did have all of the paperwork from the finance agreement.

The bank had all of my documents on file - so even after a "7 year information deletion", they were still able to access my files !

The banks are trying so hard to prevent you from having access to this vital information.

Thank you to this forum for its guidance, without it, no claim would have been possible.

Well done KAGE2020 great news and fair play to you.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get access to files from Bank older than 7 years ?

I had a similar case (1988) with same bank in which they are trying to fob me off :-x

Well done KAGE2020 great news and fair play to you.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get access to files from Bank older than 7 years ?

I had a similar case (1988) with same bank in which they are trying to fob me off :-x

Apparently, most banks archive stuff up to 30 years and more… They may say that they have no details, but they probably do. TB

Apparently, most banks archive stuff up to 30 years and more… They may say that they have no details, but they probably do. TB

Thanks ThedaBara,

So therefore who do I contact, especially HFC ?

Everytime I contact DSAR teams, they always say that my requests for information are not available due to age, yet I have provided relevant account numbers.

Thank-you again

Thanks ThedaBara,

So therefore who do I contact, especially HFC ?

Everytime I contact DSAR teams, they always say that my requests for information are not available due to age, yet I have provided relevant account numbers.

Thank-you again

Hi, Baz.. I am in exactly the same position as you… In the first instance, you could try contacting them at:

HSBC Bank Plc

PPI Complaints

PO Box 6177

COVENTRY

CV3 9HP

What's your position… do you have any proof of the loan? I had several loans with them and have bank statements with agreement numbers, etc… but it gets so confusing as I remember topping up loans with new loans, etc.

The one I'm trying to sort out at the moment, I actually have the agreement for dated November 1986… can't believe I saved it all these years! It was backed by an insurance policy with Hamilton Ins Co (an associated company located in Berks).

HFC insisted on a guarantor and it was also secured on our home… they were not taking any chances, obviously!

Like KAGE2020, I'm being given the run around… I started this claim 2 years ago and they 'couldn't find the details'… asked me to provide the paperwork, which I did, then they wrote back about a completely different loan, saying they would uphold my claim and they would send a cheque for £400 once I'd provided proof of who I was, etc.

I didn't accept their offer as I had no idea what it was for… I guess it may have been something my husband arranged without my knowledge… whatever.

Sorry, I am digressing a bit… I had health problems, a cancer scare, etc, and found it too stressful to continue with the original claim. But I've now made up my mind that they are not going to get away with it and have decided to tackle the agreements one at a time… my mistake was in confusing the issue by giving HFC all of the known policy numbers and asking them to acknowledge them… I'll start with this one first as I have the paperwork, and then ask my bank for all the transactions going back 30 years, hopefully. Incidentally… don't ask for the actual statements as they charge for those… but they can give you a whole pile of backdated transactions free of charge...

Good luck, Baz… I will let you know how I get on… sent them a recorded delivery letter last week…lets see what they say.

TB

sar the bank then..only costs £10 and you get everything.

as for the loans

if they were in a chain

then you need to claim on all of the chain not simply one loan

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

sar the bank then..only costs £10 and you get everything.

as for the loans

if they were in a chain

then you need to claim on all of the chain not simply one loan

dx

Thanks, DX!

Hi, Baz.. I am in exactly the same position as you… In the first instance, you could try contacting them at:

HSBC Bank Plc

PPI Complaints

PO Box 6177

COVENTRY

CV3 9HP

What's your position… do you have any proof of the loan? I had several loans with them and have bank statements with agreement numbers, etc… but it gets so confusing as I remember topping up loans with new loans, etc.

The one I'm trying to sort out at the moment, I actually have the agreement for dated November 1986… can't believe I saved it all these years! It was backed by an insurance policy with Hamilton Ins Co (an associated company located in Berks).

HFC insisted on a guarantor and it was also secured on our home… they were not taking any chances, obviously!

Like KAGE2020, I'm being given the run around… I started this claim 2 years ago and they 'couldn't find the details'… asked me to provide the paperwork, which I did, then they wrote back about a completely different loan, saying they would uphold my claim and they would send a cheque for £400 once I'd provided proof of who I was, etc.

I didn't accept their offer as I had no idea what it was for… I guess it may have been something my husband arranged without my knowledge… whatever.

Sorry, I am digressing a bit… I had health problems, a cancer scare, etc, and found it too stressful to continue with the original claim. But I've now made up my mind that they are not going to get away with it and have decided to tackle the agreements one at a time… my mistake was in confusing the issue by giving HFC all of the known policy numbers and asking them to acknowledge them… I'll start with this one first as I have the paperwork, and then ask my bank for all the transactions going back 30 years, hopefully. Incidentally… don't ask for the actual statements as they charge for those… but they can give you a whole pile of backdated transactions free of charge...

Good luck, Baz… I will let you know how I get on… sent them a recorded delivery letter last week…lets see what they say.

TB

Thanks ThedaBara

Yes that's the original address I used and had no end of problems with them, no records and requested certified details etc in which I had to pay for.

The still responded with that they could find nothing due to age of details so I reported to the ICO............who was as much help as a chocolate tea-pot.

Hence my question as to who KAGE2020 contacted for information.

I even tried HSBC Canary Wharf and again no information provided even though I gave them account numbers etc. Then they passed on SAR to the Coventry address and you guessed it nothing !

Please let me know who you contacted and how you get on as I am determined to try everything with this lot.

Hi Baz… I have sent him a message… but perhaps he was just persistent… if you search at the top on the red strip, type in HFC PPI… there's ;lots of stuff… also, if no luck, try their CEO as at post #18 above… I don't know if it's still the same guy as HSBC have had their problems of late… (all their own doing for behaving like crooks, obviously)…

Let's compare notes… I am waiting for them to get back to me and will let you know what they say.

TB

Hi Baz… I have sent him a message… but perhaps he was just persistent… if you search at the top on the red strip, type in HFC PPI… there's ;lots of stuff… also, if no luck, try their CEO as at post #18 above… I don't know if it's still the same guy as HSBC have had their problems of late… (all their own doing for behaving like crooks, obviously)…

Let's compare notes… I am waiting for them to get back to me and will let you know what they say.

TB

OK ThedaBara many thanks

Yes I did read lots of stuff on HSBC in which didn't bode well.

Please keep me up-dated and I will see what else I can possibly do.

They just seem very dismissive with providing anything, a bit like Santander in which I sent 2 x SAR and eventually got details.

It just makes you wonder how much they actually look into requests for data when asked.

Hmmm… they have written back saying they don't have anything with the account number I've given… and to please provide more evidence… The evidence I provided was a photo copy of the actual agreement along with the clearly marked agreement number, which is obviously a figment of my imagination… Grrrrr!!! I think a CCA must be the next step or just straight to FOS as I don't see what other 'proof' I can provide… TB

Hmmm… they have written back saying they don't have anything with the account number I've given… and to please provide more evidence… The evidence I provided was a photo copy of the actual agreement along with the clearly marked agreement number, which is obviously a figment of my imagination… Grrrrr!!! I think a CCA must be the next step or just straight to FOS as I don't see what other 'proof' I can provide… TB

Hi ThedaBara,

Sounds very similar to my experience with them.

I sent two SAR's to Canary Wharf and Coventry address's, both cashed my cheques but could not find anything. I even sent bank statements, account numbers and agreements yet they still requested further proof of who I was.

Paid for my details to be verified and then they just sent a further response to say that they had nothing !

I complained to the ICO but they eventually responded that HSBC had done all they needed to do ????

Hence why I was interested when I read of the success post.

Hi ThedaBara,

Sounds very similar to my experience with them.

I sent two SAR's to Canary Wharf and Coventry address's, both cashed my cheques but could not find anything. I even sent bank statements, account numbers and agreements yet they still requested further proof of who I was.

Paid for my details to be verified and then they just sent a further response to say that they had nothing !

I complained to the ICO but they eventually responded that HSBC had done all they needed to do ????

Hence why I was interested when I read of the success post.

That's terrible!! When I sent a SAR to Provident, it at least sent my cheque back when it found nothing on the file… I wonder if any of the experts on here will be able to advise… How can they say they've nothing when you actually send them the signed agreement like I did? It beggars belief!! TB

That's terrible!! When I sent a SAR to Provident, it at least sent my cheque back when it found nothing on the file… I wonder if any of the experts on here will be able to advise… How can they say they've nothing when you actually send them the signed agreement like I did? It beggars belief!! TB

So frustrating, so I would be interested to know what to do next especially obtaining archived information.

Did you send a CCA request ThedaBara ? Had any response from the CEO ?

So frustrating, so I would be interested to know what to do next especially obtaining archived information.

Did you send a CCA request ThedaBara ? Had any response from the CEO ?

No… this is where I get very confused and I'm hoping someone on the forum could please explain the difference between a CCA and a SAR… and do they both cost £10?

I have not written to the CEO….yet! I have many ongoing matters, not least of all a court hearing to prepare for… Sometimes my head won't stop spinning and sleep, when it comes, is full of nightmares… TB

SAR = Subject Access request, this request is to the original creditor under the Data Protection Act 1998 to forward all information held about you and is a statutory request that they must comply with. They have 40+2 days to supply before breaching the terms of the request. The +2 is to allow for postage and a £10 fee is sent to cover administration

CCA = This a request under the consumer credit act for a true signed cooy of the credit agreement and a £1 fee should be included. They have 12+2 days to supply or are in breach.

Fir agreements pre April 2007 the agreement must be a true copy of the signed original.

Post April 2007, a reconstituted agreement will satisfy the request.

The CCA would normally be sent to the DCA pursuing the debt but can also be sent to the OC as they are not always included in the SAR.

Hope that clears the confusion

Martin

Edited by martin2006

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Many thanks Martin… I am currently pursuing PPI from HFC… despite providing them with a copy of the true signed agreement, which I've had in my filing cupboard for more than 30 years, they are still saying they don't recognise the agreement number… I can't understand it as it's copied from the original and it's got their name printed all over it. TB

They will have it somewhere, depends how deep they delve, it could be in microfiche format

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

They will have it somewhere, depends how deep they delve, it could be in microfiche format

So what else can be done to obtain the information martin ?

If a person can provide the agreement for the ppi complaint yet the bank cannot, is therefore their responsibility to prove otherwise ?

Maybe something to discuss with either the ICO or the Financial Ombudsman perhaps.

If you have the agreement and it details the ppi then its time to involve FOS

FOS 0800 023 4567

If you have the agreement and it details the ppi then its time to involve FOS

FOS 0800 023 4567

Yes… because they are denying what's written in black and white and includes mine and their signatures… the agreement number is shown quite clearly on both the loan agreement and the attached PPI with Hamilton Insurance… the PPI payments on the £8k loan are £10 per month over 7 years… I have no idea why they are acting this way… it's extremely unfair and stressful. TB

I managed to get a lot of bank statements in microfiche format when I was claiming unfair fees with HSBC… I seem to remember they didn't charge for them, either… and they ended up paying me back £4k… of course, it's the tip of the iceberg, as they have royally ripped us off over many, many years, going back to when they were Midland Bank. TB

• 3 weeks later...

Just looking in again…

I have had a reply from HSBC, again denying any knowledge of the signed agreement I provided them with…

I am just amazed that they are denying a document with their name all over it…

time for a SAR.

Can I please ask…

I have been a customer of HSBC for many years

… going back around 40 years when they were the Midland Bank…

if they can deny what's written in black and white,

are they likely to give me any information about all the loans, etc.,

I have over 40 years?

Won't they just deny everything?

I've changed address at least half a dozen times, too,

so I would need to give them all the addresses, I guess.

They are such liars as we all know from stuff in the papers about their wrong doing…

we are small fry compared to all the other unlawful stuff they have been getting up to I'm just worried they will ask for further proof as they have done with this signed sealed agreement I've provided. It's just mind boggling!! TB