Halifax debit card transaction leads to default

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Started posting recently as I'm in the process of clearing a few things up.

Having signed up to equifax I've noticed a default on my record from my Halifax current account.

While in the USA I was using my Halifax debit card and juggling how much I had against converting it from Dollars to Pounds. Ultimately, they authorised a debit card transaction which put me overdrawn (there's no overdraft limit on the account)

Because the transaction got authorised I thought I was good for the money at the time.

During this situation I was also moving banks to Natwest. As a result I never used the Halifax account again since returning from the trip to the USA.

It got left and now I have a default.

Is there anything that I can do seeing as they authorised a debit card transaction even though there were insufficient funds?

Cheers,

Limelight.

was it solely the currency conversion part that did it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Nope.

I was a delay in the authorisation.

I had two debit cards for two different accounts - the plan was that when the halifax cash ran out I'd start using the Natwest account.

Halifax transaction got authorised but shouldn't have done as other overseas transactions were pending.

But if they hadn't paid it, wouldn't you have been embarrassed to have your card either handed back and informed it had been declined or they refused to hand it back because the bank told them to hang on to it, especially if there were other customers around.

It would have been a simple job to find an atm and check your balance before using it.