• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Delly v alliance and leicester PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all decided to try and claim back my ppi that i was mis sold on my alliance loan - i was told my loan would be accepted with ppi.

Ive asked for details back SAR.. which ive got this morning but theres not alot of info come back and not sure what the next step is...

Ive been sent back my loan amount loan interest ppi amount and ppi interest and what payments ive made....

So any advice would be really greatful

Delly x

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all decided to try and claim back my ppi that i was mis sold on my alliance loan - i was told my loan would be accepted with ppi.

Ive asked for details back S.A.R - (Subject Access Request).. which ive got this morning but theres not alot of info come back and not sure what the next step is...

Ive been sent back my loan amount loan interest ppi amount and ppi interest and what payments ive made....

So any advice would be really greatful

Delly x

They should have also sent you copies of all your original Application forms and any other notes regarding the PPI etc.

I would write to them with a complaint regarding the nis-sold PPI, Remember to head your letter with the word COMPLAINT Have a look at my other post Reid Vs Lloyds TSB 2 - Settled in Full in this section.

If you need any other help Give me a shout..

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

They should have also sent you copies of all your original Application forms and any other notes regarding the PPI etc.

I would write to them with a complaint regarding the nis-sold PPI, Remember to head your letter with the word COMPLAINT Have a look at my other post Reid Vs Lloyds TSB 2 - Settled in Full in this section.

If you need any other help Give me a shout..

Ian

Cheers ian

Not very confidant doing this as yet so i do appreciate the advice

Thank you and i,ll keep you all posted.

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

• 3 weeks later...

Hi finally got more of paperwork thru...

i took my loan out just before ppi got regulated will this make a difference in me been able o claim or not???

Thanks delly xx

Hi finally got more of paperwork thru...

i took my loan out just before ppi got regulated will this make a difference in me been able o claim or not???

Thanks delly xx

Hi Delly,

It does not make any difference that you took out the PPI before it was regulated by the FSA. Carry on with your Complaint.

The one Im fighting with GE Money / Purpleloans was also take out before it was regulated.

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi all....

Well 2 things.... first the alliance are saying The only way to cancel my ppi is to close one loan agreement and set up another as the loan was fixed term fixed rate contract and the ppi was purchased for the duration of the loan and the A and L are unble to alter the agreement.

If i wish to cancel my ppi a new agreement will be set up in january 2007.

First off is this right???

My second question....

On the same day they,ve also sent a response to my prelim letter of approach

There basically saying they CAN cancel the policy

As a call recording was not available at the time of my application there unable to comment on what the advisor said.

As they can cancel the policy they DO NOT feel it appropriate to refund premiums already made.

they,ve also highlighted my agreement on whicch is highlighted the cooling off period and what to do if im not satisfied with the loan

which includes the following...

if you are not satisfied with your cover please write to A and L within 30 days of the start date and we will cancel your policy free of charge. Thereafter if you cancel your policy before its normal expiry we may at our discresion refund part of your single premium your policy does not hold a surrender value.

They have this time sent all my signed paperwork and no where on the paperwork was option for me to opt out other in the terms and conditions.

Whats the next step??? is what there saying right?? and will it be difficult to prove i was mis sold my pii without a recording???

One letter seems to contradict another and my heads in a right spin! thanks in advance for any help

Delly x

Its me again....

After reading and re reading everything on here and in my T & C`s Ive decided to go ahead with my letter before action including the fact that i couldnt cancel my ppi because they told me i had to take the ppi with the loan.

A & L dont look as there going to be a push over tho:(

I,d still appreciate some advice tho over can they make me take out a new loan agreement???

Just wondered has anyone got to moneyclaim stage?? and could someone help with the wording for me if i did get to that step???

thanks so much for the help delly xx

Hi Delly,

Sorry I havnt been around for a wee while, got tied up with some other things. I am at the stage of submitting a claim via the courts against GE Money / Purpleloans. I have decided to use the English small claims system due to the limited small claims here in Scotland.

I have discussed my claim with Wolverhampton Court and they dont see any reason that the case cant be heard in Wolverhampton, should it of course go to court. Im not too sure about wording you should use in Moneyclaim, I know my details would not fit in the space that is provided..lol thats why Im posting mine to Wolverhampton. Only slight drawback is that if it does go to court it is a bout a 6 hour drive for me...But Im not going to give up and let them off the hook.

Im going to post a thread shortly with details of the fight with GE, it has been a big battle so far though..lol

It will be interesting to see what response you get from your letter to them, I will keep a look out for their reply..

Ian

Ian

Hi ian many thanks for your time I do appreciate it.

Well LBA has been drafted and printing as i type, Been looking at my paper AGAIN! and my original loan is £270 a month including ppi my ppi is £33.08 a month the new loan agreement without ppi is £267.34 Which to be honest doesnt sound right its like the A and L can only offer a loan at say 7% if you take out PPI but if you dont it will cost you say 20% ????

Anyway will keep everyone posted and help anyone in anyway i can!!!

Im just dreading if it gets to court as i dont think ive got the legal knowledge to go any further!!!!

Del x

Hi Delly,

you could always consider what I did with my loan.. I shopped around got a good deal with Northern Rock and too out PPI through Paymentcare.co.uk. Paid off the other loan and am now fighting to get PPI back. It Saved me a fair bit and reduced the loan term by 2 years too.

Ian

Hi got my reply....

not that its exciting or good news

dear miss blah blah blah...........

You made your original loan application prior to the FSA principles and guidelines being in place.At the time we adhered to the guidelines laid down by general insurance standards council in sale of payment protection.

Our advisors followed scripts which compiled with their guidelines and cover has been optional.

The policy states this is optional and can be cancelled etc....

As a gesture of good will we will remove the cover in full and your new monthly payments will be the same but without ppi.

I do not believe the policy was missold since the policy has been available for you to claim and still is i cannot refund any premiums paid so far.

blah blal blah...

Stephanie hueston loans customer relations officer.

Hi Delly,

Im not sure if I have read the above properly , Are they saying that they will cancel the PPI but your new monthly payments will still be the same amount as you are paying Currently ?, If this is the case I pressume the term of the loan will be reduced by some years ?. If not they will cancel the PPI but you will still be paying for it.?

It is maybe just the way I have interpreted their reply,

Ian

Hi Ian might be the way ive rambled!!!

The A and L are cancelling my ppi and my loan amount i,l pay now is what it should be without the extra £40 ppi if it makes sense???

As their first reply to my request was we can cancel the ppi but we will have to up the apr to cover.

Does this make sense???

cheers delly x

That makes more sense..lol , I had a busy few days so my thinking head was left in the car I think..lol.

As long as they have kept the APR at the same rate and reduced your monthly payments by the amount you were being charged for the PPI that sounds reasonable.

But now.. Are you going to continue the fight to get the extra £40 a month that you had been paying refunded too ?.

Ian

With support of cag of course i,ll fight!!!!:grin:

With support of cag of course i,ll fight!!!!:grin:

Thats what I like to see..lol

I see you are from Yorkshire Delly...If you any good at making Yorkie Puds can you email me some..I loves me Yorkies..lol

Ian

Hey course im good at yorkie puds They teach you it in school its in my genes! lol

Im from home of the barnsley chop!!

MMM Barnsley Chop and Yorkie Puds...Marry Me ..llf

Ian

Lol... Im already planning my wedding cant cope with planning too!!!

Hence why i,d like my money back!!!!

I,ll send you a good yorkie pud recipie;)

Our wedding is all planned for 28th July 2007...and yes roast beef n Yorkies on the menu..lol

Mines before yours!! Mines 7th july

And my other halves fussy so its a hot buffet for us!!

Anyway yorkie pud lover

Whats next then?? I guess its a letter to accept loan but say im still carrying on my quest to get the rest back ?

Yeah I would now write to them asking for your already paid premiums plus interest to be refunded. This may be a bit of a fight though, but stick with it.

7th July..you need a band or Disco for your wedding reception.lol

Reidnet.co.uk (Worth a try ?..lol)

Ian

• 1 month later...
Yeah I would now write to them asking for your already paid premiums plus interest to be refunded. This may be a bit of a fight though, but stick with it.

7th July..you need a band or Disco for your wedding reception.lol

Reidnet.co.uk (Worth a try ?..lol)

Ian

It was worth a try ian! hehehe and do you know its took ages to find a dj too!

Sorry been absent but had the dreaded flu after xmas.

Right back to the claim before you sell me something else ia.

Ive sent a letter back saying i agree to new monthly payments but still want rest back

but not heard anything

i presume its off to court we go can some kind person help me with the particulars of claim???

Thanks guys xx

Just an update to my case, ive not been about due to flu!!

Im still waiting for A and L to put my loan at the rate without ppi (as a gesture of good will)

Then once its sorted which should be this week,

Im going to ask for there final response then its off to court we go.....