Straetus debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi anyone

An elderly family member wascammed into buying something from a disgusting company who are now liquidated and under investigation by SOC.Now they are getting hounded by a company called straetus for storage fees for something that actually does not exist or is only worth a tenth of what they have paid.I can't actually say too much, but it's extremely distressing to my family member and it could kill them.I have reported it to FCA but apparently this company does not have to work under licenced rules. The company is listed as dormant and as working.The letters come from UK,and Ireland and what appears to be a mail sort centre.ANy advice would be helpful. I am in contact with the person who is director of this company by email and I am trying to get them to agree to deal with myself so it takes the distress away from an 81 plus year old. I have kept all letters and emails.

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Edited by u have to be kidding
auto correct chose wrong word

You wont get anywhere by being nice so tell them to either put up or shut up. Demand sight of the contract, proof of debt, proof of goods are where they are supposed to be stored and proof of ownership. Make sure they are put to the maximum cost and inconvenience to actually answer these points as they undoubtedly dont give a stuff about anything other than extracting money from someone-doesnt matter hwether relative or you.

Write off money already spent in your own mind and tell company to dispose of the items as title was never transferred. It will cost them to do that if they exist and the liability the goes back to the original supplier.

As you are only getting letters they arent really that damaging so can be ignored if you can persuade elderly relative of their harmlessness. I know that is often a struggle as they think that a two bit dca is soem court authority and they have to do something

Hi

For you to act on your family members behalf, you will need their written permission to do so and then send a copy to the DCA

They must be working under commercial debt collecting rules as they do not have a consumer credit licence (it lapsed last year)

Their website is misleading as they state they are authorised by the OFT who no longer exist.

If they are ringing then instruct them to stop doing so and deal in writing only and to you.

It would help if we knew the whole story so any advice at the moment is generic.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE