Athena/Lidl Civil Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2981 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, I received the above notice through my friend over the weekend demanding £90 subject to a discount of £45 if paid within 14 days. The incident took place on Saturday 05/03/16 at the LIDL car park in Waltham Cross, I was driving my friend’s car at the time so the notice was sent to him as the registered owner of the car. The issue date of the notice is 09/03/16.

I apparently stayed for 22 minutes at the car park while the allowed time according to the notice is 10 minutes. I have since gone back to check and the allowed free time at the car park for customers is 90 minutes!!! (Picture attached).

The only problem now is that I did buy an item at the store but it was cash and I did not keep the receipt, I remember washing the car immediately after, got rid of the receipt for the stuff I bought while cleaning out the car at the car wash before returning the car to him.

What steps can I take? I do not want them harassing my friend who allowed me to use his car. Should I ask him to fill the form to give them my identity? Can I add my appeal against the ticket to the form immediately as well before sending it to them? I want to believe this is wrong as there was nothing at the car park that suggests you are only allowed to park for 10 minutes.

When I went back to take pictures at the car park I met someone else with a similar issue. The store manager says they can’t do anything about it. Please let me know the way forward.

I have seen a few posts about similar issues here but me not having a receipt from the store makes me wonder if I will have any problem.

Lidl Athena.jpg

If you are happy to take this matter on then yes, get your friend to name you as the driver and if they wish a service address where you can take delivery of documents.

In th meanwhile get on to Lidl head office and moan like hell at them about this as you were a customer and the signage makes it clear that it is customer parking only and you are just that. The rest of the wording and images contradict the first part of the signage so you will not be paying £90 to go shopping there.

you will fnd that this is not often a quick process, getting these claims cancelled or defeated but it is satisfying to beat them and it will make you more aware of how this industry works.

Hi,

I agree with ericsbrother.

Nowhere on that sign is the instruction to register within 10 minutes (unless it's in the very small print)

It is misleading at best.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If you are happy to take this matter on then yes, get your friend to name you as the driver and if they wish a service address where you can take delivery of documents.

In th meanwhile get on to Lidl head office and moan like hell at them about this as you were a customer and the signage makes it clear that it is customer parking only and you are just that. The rest of the wording and images contradict the first part of the signage so you will not be paying £90 to go shopping there.

you will fnd that this is not often a quick process, getting these claims cancelled or defeated but it is satisfying to beat them and it will make you more aware of how this industry works.

Thanks a lot for your reply, just a one or two things I need to clarify

1. The service address you mentioned, are you saing I should not give them my address?

2. When you say moan to LIDL head office, do you mean I should make a copy of the charge notice and send to them because I doubt a phone call will make much difference.

3. Is there a template I can use to appeal this or just tell them i am not paying based on the fact that there charge notice does not tally with the sign at the shop.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Hi,

I agree with ericsbrother.

Nowhere on that sign is the instruction to register within 10 minutes (unless it's in the very small print)

It is misleading at best.

Thanks. I will surely appeal it, please let me know if there is a link for a template to use.

Thanks for the help.

your address is a service address-any address where legal documents may be served upon someone so not an address outside the EU and not a PO box number (something many parking co's fall down on!)

Find out Lidl's CEO email and write to that and complain. Should be on the net

Let them make first contact after your boss responds to the NTK by giving them your name and address. You will then have more time to get all your ducks in a row and it will create a paper trail that removes keeper liability and increases their costs and the liklihood they get things wrong.

your address is a service address-any address where legal documents may be served upon someone so not an address outside the EU and not a PO box number (something many parking co's fall down on!)

Find out Lidl's CEO email and write to that and complain. Should be on the net

Let them make first contact after your boss responds to the NTK by giving them your name and address. You will then have more time to get all your ducks in a row and it will create a paper trail that removes keeper liability and increases their costs and the liklihood they get things wrong.

Thanks a lot. I will let you know how I get on.

• 2 weeks later...

I have now received the notice in my name and need to respond that I am not paying based on the fact that the sign is misleading and there is no where that it says the waiting time is 10 mins. Is there a standard template I can use? Thanks for any help I can get.