No tax no mot and collision

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3018 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was hit by a company van causing body panel damage to my vehicle.

The company has since claimed a collision took place but I agreed with their driver that no damage was caused.

I did not agree such thing as it happened at night and I could not inspect the car properly until the next day.

I contacted my insurance the same day who are now processing my claim.

I'm not happy with the third party claims company they have put in charge of the claim

as they seem intent on writing off my vehicle.

I've been in touch with the rude md of this company who has claimed I have fabricated the claim

and there was previous damage to the vehicle, there was not at all.

Internet searches on the company reveal a lot of bad press about this company!

And now I've done some more digging the van in question has not had a mot or tax for some time now.

I have spoken with a solicitor via my Union who has said I could recover sums from third party.

I do not want my car to be written off as it is a car I really love and only needs a wing.

..something I could do myself.

But I don't want the arrogant md thinking he can get away with it

and also not think he can get away with driving around with expired mot and tax!

I pay my way in the road why shouldn't he!

The police are not interested and have told me to inform the dvla.

I have a text where he admits there was a collision between the vehicles

and saying there was no damage to my car...

.he was not present when the accident took place it was his employee driving

Can anybody advise the best way to deal with this in hope of me not having a total loss vehicle?

Thankyou

Another option may be to write the car off and buy back as a catc c or d. Most likely a d as uneconomical to repair. You could then use the settlement money to pay for the repairs at a cheaper independent garage.

I would get the car assessed though for underlying damage at an independent garage

There is no underlying damage. As a ex mechanic myself I have done my own checks chassis remains intact etc.

Insurance won't allow a buy back of the car. They have already attempted to take my car to salvage before I have obtained quotes as the car is worth more in parts value! I have a strong knowledge with these cars having broke them down for parts myself in the past.

I just want to know what route I can take now with the company itself or is it something I have to let insurance thrash out? I think it's wrong how they can deny damage just because of lack of cctv and be driving round in a vehicle which should not be on the toad

What's the name of this company?

I would love to name them but don't wish to as yet as they may be lurking! I don't want to give them prior heads up about whatever action I may take. It's a company that sells pay weekly home goods at a hugely inflated cost....

Ok, if the Police are not interested and suggest reporting to DVLA, what about any industry requirements for this company. If they have a fleet of vehicles and allow them on the road without tax or MOT, they may be breaching standards required of them. If they are doing work on behalf of other companies or local authorities, they may be breaching contract conditions.

Do a bit of digging. Also using their reg no on the Askmid site, you can find out the third parties insurance details to contact them directly and mention that the vehicle they were insuring had no tax or MOT.

I think you can stir this up a bit and they may start being more helpful.

A lot of Insurers refuse to allow salvage buy backs as they have contracts with salvage companies and they don't want to mess around. If you argue with them and show you can repair the damage below write off cost, they will just pay you the repair cost.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I don't think they do work on behalf of others. One company at the unit sells the products the other that is also owned by the same guy then provides the goods under a diffrent company name!

I now have the insurers name thanks for the advice and I'm sending them a email now to point out the lack of tax and mot. I've had a quick look at policy's for this insurance company online that states the insured vehicle must be in a roadworthy condition. It is not in my eyes as not only having a mot the front lights on the van are damaged meaning it would not pass one due to not complying with headlight rules. It unfortunately does not state it will be void for no tax or insurance, yet many including mine do!

I have a text message from the md and a Facebook message that confirms vehicles collided. Hopefully enough to prove that the vehicle was on the road when it should not have been! That and the drivers home address name and company name as the van was not sign written. Yet apparently there was no damage but why hand over these details of that is the case?

I'm still obtaining the cheapest quotes possible in order to save my car. fingers crossed. I really do not want to let this cowboy company get away with breaking road rules and shrugging responsibility