style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3038 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please can someone advise me on my working hours

I work for a local housing association on a 24 hour contract

As part of my rota next week I have been put down to work Fri pm 5.00pm-10.30pm then I am doing a sleep-in which starts at 10.30pm until 7.00am, then I am due to work from 7.00am until 11am then back in that evening at 5.00pm until 10.30pm.

This seems a bit much, although my sleep-in shift is supposed to be a sleep-in we can and do get called out at various hours.

Any help much appreciated

cant be forced to workmore than a certain number of hours in a 24 hour cycle and sleep ins count as hours worked in most cases. However, you also then run into the length of the working week so for shift workers this may not be against the WTR if you get say, the next 3 days off.

Police officers get the same problems when they do nights and then have to attend court the next day and different constabularies have different ways of dealing with it so you will either have to negotiate or put your foot down and say no to any time over the max for the period.