Insurance telling me to pay unexpected amount because it was my fault?

confusedmum123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an unexpected later from my insurance telling me I should pay £525.23 (after my policy had been cancelled). I rang them up to ask what this figure was for, being told that my claim I had put before was because I was at fault. ??!! I had not been made aware of this before, neither is this in the handbook policy. Please help!!!! I thought insurance is there so it covers you up in case of an accident, whether your fault or not!! I am with only young drivers.

thank you.

This is puzzling and I don't really understand.

Haven't you already paid an excess if the accident was your fault?

It would help if you could put up the letter please. Please redact it of your identifiers.

Which insurance company is it?

That makes two ? Suggest you ask the Insurers for a written explanation and breakdown of their calculation.

I just wonder whether the policy was cancelled mid term and the Insurers thought the third party may be at fault. They therefore did not request the full years premium and now want it, because the fault decision has gone against their policyholder.

The company mentioned is Only young drivers, so i will see what details are online.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Ok, Only young drivers appears to be an intermediary and use different Insurers to underwrite their policies.

Which Insurance company underwrites the policy ?

What type of policy is it ( what does it state on the policy wording ) ?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

That makes two ? Suggest you ask the Insurers for a written explanation and breakdown of their calculation.

I just wonder whether the policy was cancelled mid term and the Insurers thought the third party may be at fault. They therefore did not request the full years premium and now want it, because the fault decision has gone against their policyholder.

The company mentioned is Only young drivers, so i will see what details are online.

Blimey! You mean we agree about something?

And I wish you would stop that damn cat flapping its arm because it makes me dizzy every time I read a thread where you've posted!!!

Blimey! You mean we agree about something?

And I wish you would stop that damn cat flapping its arm because it makes me dizzy every time I read a thread where you've posted!!!

I win plenty of arguments, after the other person has given up and left the room !

The cat is waving !

Is it the balance of the premium due for a years insurance? I think that some insurance companies consider that their obligations are met in the event of a claim and will need the policy paying for. The £525.23 could be what is owing from the premium for a years insurance.