can i change a payment plan for a caravan through finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

brought our caravan on finance through evergreen finance ltd in august 2014, have paid on time no problem every month, but its starting to get a bit much, as our situation has changed, my health has changed my benefits have changed yet and we are struggling.

have spoken to evergreen and they say no way can they help other than to defer payment for up to three months then for the next three will have to pay double to catch up.

they refuse to let us pay less and over a longer time saying you signed the agreement that's it. that if I want out of the agreement I will have to stop payments then they will write to me give me 16 days to pay then they will contact the courts as we will have paid over £12,000 (we paid £6,000 deposit) and have been paying £358.07 every month since august 2014

they say that they can repossess then we will have a poor credit rating, and you wont get any credit anywhere....

they also said that we could sell through the park but that the park would want to take a percentage so we would have to sell above the outstanding amount....but then we've still lost £11,000+ really don't want to give it up,

any ideas about what we can do to get out of this situation, we have looked at refinancing but because we rent our house we are stuck, no one will take over the finance as we have no other collateral.

we are at the end of our tether no knowing where to turn next, any advice will be gratefully accepted

thanks in advance

Welcome to CAG

Read the agreement again to see what figure was added for when they need a Court order to repossess the goods, normally 1/3. If this amount has been paid they need a Court order to take the goods back..

Others will be along shortly. What documents have you got for the HP? Do you still have the credit agreement? Are there in insurance policies being paid as well?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Is this an HP agreement

And is the caravan mentioned on the agreement

Scan it up please

As a PDF follow the upload guide

Idont let them repo nor vs

You need to vt

How far are you into the payment period (months)

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

we still have all the £12,000 the value of the caravan was £24,000 with interest its up to £30,000 there is no insurance on the paperwork, really do not want to give it up have invested time and money making it look like our second home don't want to give it back,

I've got to be honest here and say they can be obstructive

But they must be seen to help you

It might be better that you write rather than phone or email

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

lets see a copy of the original agreement please minus pers info

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.