Reply to first request letter

JK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have just received the following standard letter to my first request to be refunded-( I used a copy of letter in library). I take it I just go on ahead and send in the second letter using my time line rather than the 56 day limit they are discussing.........

Thank you for your recent letter in relation to charges on your Flex Account.

Feedback from our members is absolutely invaluable, so we appreciate the time you've taken to get in touch with us about this issue, and we're grateful for the opportunity to explain the rationale behind our charging policy.

As you know if we allow items to be paid and it means you exceed your agreed overdraft or we have to return an item unpaid on your account then we will make a charge in accordance with the terms and conditions. Details of our tariffs are contained within our 'Flex Account Interest Rates and Charges' leaflet, freely available in branches and provided when opening an account and agreed to by yourself when you sign in acceptance of these terms when signing the application forms.

Nationwide believes it is open and transparent about charges and members are pre-notified prior to charges being debited via their monthly statements. If, at any time, we make changes to the tariff, account holders are always informed.

I hope this has helped to clarify our position and you will appreciate why I am unable to refund any charges on your account.

The Nationwide Group uses the Financial Services Authority rules when dealing with customers' concerns. I've enclosed a leaflet that explains our Internal Complaints Procedure.

If you have any further queries don't hesitate to call me. My contact number is 01793 712526 and my address is at the top of the letter.

Yours sincerely

Tina Hiscocks

Branch Service Centre Team 4

Team Manager

Member Account Servicing

What do I do if I'm still unhappy?

The Nationwide Group uses the Financial Services A\ithority rules when dealing with customers' concerns. Under their guidelines, you may consider the following course of action if you're not satisfied with my response.

1. Our Member Service Department can review your concerns. I will be glad to refer it

for you. If you decide to go ahead with this option, please contact me.

2. You can also ask the Financial Ombudsman Service for an impartial, independent

assessment of the situation, as 56 days have now passed since you first contacted us.

I've enclosed a leaflet that explains the procedure.

If you don't come back to us within the next 56 days, I will close our file.

Send in the second letter, but don't wait for 14 days.

You only gave them 14 days to respond, they have done that and made their position clear, so way wait?

Move on to the next stage, and good luck

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks