Business car insurance

littlemissme
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys , looking for some advice if possible ...I applied for a job and got it ...only they say I have to change my motor insurance to business, they said prob a tenner more...rang go skippy today to change to business ...they quoted me 1,3090 pounds from 269.00 , the extra was for 1000 miles more a year omg what is this about my insured at the moment is social domestic and pleasure third party I can't believe this problem is gonna put my job in jeopardy I will be working to pay insurance

Some large businesses may have insurance policies that cover their employees if they have an accident while driving their own car for business use. If your employer does you may not need business car insurance at all. Either way it is important to check, whether that’s to prevent you from taking out an unnecessary policy or to stop you from driving without business insurance.

Cover you require....Business class 3 car insurance – Finally, if you’re using your vehicle for travelling long distances, commercial applications or selling you will need business class 3 car insurance.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi guys , looking for some advice if possible ...I applied for a job and got it ...only they say I have to change my motor insurance to business, they said prob a tenner more...rang go skippy today to change to business ...they quoted me 1,3090 pounds from 269.00 , the extra was for 1000 miles more a year omg what is this about my insured at the moment is social domestic and pleasure third party I can't believe this problem is gonna put my job in jeopardy I will be working to pay insurance

You would be better to move from Go Skippy anyway, going by some of the complaints i have seen online about them. You will have to pay a cancellation admin fee, but if this appears too much, ask for a written breakdown calculation. Don't pay until you are satisfied it is correctly due.

Because you need to properly declare your exact usage, you need to speak to companies to get quotes. Suggest that you contact a local insurance brokers. If you are a young female driver, Elephant Car Insurance (part of Admiral) used to be one of the most competitive, so it might be worth contacting them. You could try comparison sites, but i would advise you phone companies to check they will cover your usage.

Comprehensive cover is often cheaper than third party, so get comp quotes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You need to understand exactly what business use is required e.g. pre arranged appointments or random cold calling. When you have this information you can then accurately relay the same to an underwriter for quotation purposes.

Good luck & I hope the job works out well for you.