Vodafone wrongfully created a 'Default' on my credit file ** Vodafone Ref #12416678**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Please help. I was a Vodafone customer and wait till my contract expired in July 2015 to move to another service provider. Please check - I have paid my mobile phone bills by direct debit faithfully for the past 2 years I was with them.

The issue occurred on July 2015 when I have trouble trying to pay my final bills! Vodafone said that as my account has been closed they can only send me the final bill to my old address and I have to pay by cheque. They refused to accept my payment over the phone! I explained that I have moved to my new address in February 2015 and there is no way I can get the final bill.

After trying to contact Vodafone for months, trying to settled the bill which is £32! It is frustrating given that I tried to pay and have been sent reminder through text! They don't accept my payment over the phone.

Finally, In Nov/Dec 2015, I managed to contact a customer representive who knows what she is doing. She finally allowed me to settled my bill!

BUT never did I expect that this has created a 'DEFAULT' in my Experian credit report. This is so so unfair, given that I wanted to pay, have been paying faithfully on time, stick to my contract and wanted to do things the proper way but Vodafone system apparently cant cope with it and I am landed with DEFAULT on my credit report.

Please can you please removed the DEFAULT. It has never been my intention to default and I have tried numerous times over my part to clear it! This default will affect my mortgage application in future!

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Stay off the phone. Deal with this in writing only except when a VE rep calls you. More on that later.

Your first point of call is to follow the instructions in this thread FULLY.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**&p=2343766&viewfull=1#post2343766

Once you have done that, you should receive an automated reply number which you should post to this thread. If it gets picked up my the web support team, they may want to talk to you. This is the only time you should but ensure that they send you an email to confirm what has been said/ action to take.

Now, while you were in error in not updating your address, this would have been so simple for VF to sort but their customer services staff are next to useless when something goes off script.

You tried to pay, they wouldn't accept it. Not your fault.

The default must be removed as it is not a true reflection of the account. If they refuse, you have two options, the Ombudsman or take them to court. If you have no pressing need for a clean credit file, use the Ombudsman as they are notoriously slow.

In the meantime, add a Notice of Correction to your credit files (all 3 of them). this can be up to 200 words and creditors must take that into account when deciding to give credit and as it is for such a small amount, it should never have been placed at all. Unfortunately, this is likely to be an automated option by VFs computers.

I also feel a 'gesture of goodwill' is in order.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Please would you let us know if there has been any development with this.

We don't seem to have had a Vodafone rep on this forum for some time now and we are getting the impression that Vodafone has lost interest in supporting their customers here.

Have you had any contact?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over a month later, has anything progressed on this matter?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE