Having to work while rest of office has time off?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just a quick question here.

My office closed on XMas eve, and we go back on the 4th like most people. However, due to the work I do, and a very demanding client, I am having to cancel plans and work from home in order to work on a system. I am alone in doing this, while the rest of the office enjoys a nice break. Am I entitled to these days back since I am working them? Or am I just being picky?

Thanks

have you agreed with the boss that the work needs done during the break? Boss's call if you work and thus get time back, or don;t, and boss handles the client

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Just a quick question here.

My office closed on XMas eve, and we go back on the 4th like most people. However, due to the work I do, and a very demanding client, I am having to cancel plans and work from home in order to work on a system. I am alone in doing this, while the rest of the office enjoys a nice break. Am I entitled to these days back since I am working them? Or am I just being picky?

Thanks

Yes you are entitled either to pay or time off in lieu for the time you are committing. You just have to add to time sheets or whatever recording you have in place at work.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

You aren't automatically entitled to that time back - It depends whether your boss agreed that the hours you worked could be taken back at a later point, or whatever your contract says about lieu time. If it says nothing then you have no legal right to ask for the time back.