Unfair charges - Natwest

Clear33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If I reclaim back the 'unfair' charges that were put on me within the last 6 years, I will be able to pay off my overdraft - if not, they are going to come after me for it now I think.

So I put in a friendly complaint asking for the unfair charges back...

Here is the reply, is it correct?

"Having considered all the information, I am sorry I am unable to agree with your complaint about the charges that have been applied to your account in the past 6 years because there has been no bank error.

My Investigation

Here is a summary of what I have investigated. In our view, the judgment of the Supreme Court means that the level of the charges in question applied in line with the terms and conditions of the account cannot be assessed for fairness under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 ("UTCCRs") or challenged under the common law penalty doctrine. We do not accept that there is any other legal basis on which the level of the charges can be validly challenged.

Please note our systems only hold records for up to 6 years. I have therefore reviewed your account and can see that you have incurred the following charges..."

Thanks

"I am unfortunately unable to refund any charges as the charges have been applied correctly in line with the banks terms and conditions which can be viewed via the following link.

http://personal.natwest.com/content/dam/natwest_com/currentaccounts/downloads/Reward/Personal%20and%20Private%20Current%20Account%20Terms.pdf "

You can reclaim the charges using the 'Hardship rules', are you in financial hardship?

Otherwise what they say is correct, except that they MUST retain all data regarding the running of the account for six years AFTER the account is closed under money laundering regs.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

OK then you need to tell them this, and then go about reclaiming their fees/charges under the hardship rules..all the letters are in the library above.

Remember to keep copies of correspondence sent, a diary of events, and obtain 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cant find any template to cover this situation in the library?

Also, my friend just received almost £500 from the Halifax simply by mentioning the phrase 'unfair charges'. He is not in hardship. So why are the Natwest being nitwits? Why is it only covered through the hardship rule?

Having Argued with HSBC for many years under Hardship rule etc and them knowing I was making a legitimate claim = got nowhere, Regulators are only a name they get paid for doing nothing as far as the public goes, BUT the big boys who pay their wages get away with murder! see what happened @ the committee meeting/investigation in Parliament they were told to just apologise and that will be it>

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Cant find any template to cover this situation in the library?

Also, my friend just received almost £500 from the Halifax simply by mentioning the phrase 'unfair charges'. He is not in hardship. So why are the Natwest being nitwits? Why is it only covered through the hardship rule?

I highly doubt it's that simple. At the end of the day they are still a business and offering that sort of money to anyone who is in financial hardship is simply ridiculous.

Not ridiculous at all, if they're in FH then the money is far better being in the OP's pocket than the robbing multi billion pound banks.

£500 is pocket money to these crooks!