A European Union (EU) directive.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3100 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The EU requires non-members of the euro to reduce the bank compensation scheme from £85,000, £75,000 because the value of the euro has dropped, as of 1st January 2016.

What the hell has it got to do with Brussels what the UK government gives its people in compensation.

Don’t you just love being a member of this rotten undemocratic club???

Fully agree. We are not part of the German euro so this has nothing what so ever to do with the UK. We guarantee the compensation amount we want and the euro nutters what they want.

The sooner we are out of this £55 million per day membership fee club the better.

You have got it the wrong way round. It is the EU directive that set the amount of compensation in euros . It was therefore converted to sterling . AFAIK other non euro currencies such as the zloty are pegged to the euro in preparation for joining. The Croatian Latvian and Lithuanian currencies were.

Without the EU who is to say what the bank compensation scheme would be .

Facts before hyperbole please

In 2010 it was 50k but raised to 85 because the eu required all countries to offer the equivalent of 100000 euros. Did you complain then, I suspect not

Edited by fletch70

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

It is the EU directive

Exactly, an EU Directive, they are ordering us, telling us what we can and can't do, they are telling us we have to offer compensation in accordance with the Euro. We are not a member of the Euro and should be able

to set our own level of compensation for our own citizens in POUNDS STERLING. This is no different than compelling us to use the Euro.

No No No

They said all countries had to give a minimum of 100000 euros or equivalent in local currency. Before that we only offered 50000.

The move was to protect consumers

You are complaining it is being reduced , did you complain when it was increased , I bet not. You can't have it both ways

Exactly, an EU Directive, they are ordering us, telling us what we can and can't do, they are telling us we have to offer compensation in accordance with the Euro. We are not a member of the Euro and should be able

to set our own level of compensation for our own citizens in POUNDS STERLING. This is no different than compelling us to use the Euro.

We did set our own level in POUNDS STERLING. That level was £50,000.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

We did set our own level in POUNDS STERLING. That level was £50,000.

Indeed we did however it was an EU directive that increased it to 100,000 euros or equivalent .http://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/dec/17/fscs-savings-safety-net-raised

The reason the amount in stirling is changing is because the euro is now weaker than when it was set although it is still stronger than when it was originally launched .

Indeed we did however it was an EU directive that increased it to 100,000 euros or equivalent .http://www.theguardian.com/money/2010/dec/17/fscs-savings-safety-net-raised

The reason the amount in stirling is changing is because the euro is now weaker than when it was set although it is still stronger than when it was originally launched .

Yes, I was agreeing with you. The EU directive increased the amount, as you say.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Doh

Sorry I did wonder. I blame others for getting me riled up and not being able to see the wood for the trees

Ah well, these things happen :)

You have got it the wrong way round. It is the EU directive that set the amount of compensation in euros . It was therefore converted to sterling . AFAIK other non euro currencies such as the zloty are pegged to the euro in preparation for joining. The Croatian Latvian and Lithuanian currencies were.

Without the EU who is to say what the bank compensation scheme would be .

Facts before hyperbole please

In 2010 it was 50k but raised to 85 because the eu required all countries to offer the equivalent of 100000 euros. Did you complain then, I suspect not

What I said;- What the hell has it got to do with Brussels what the UK government gives its

people in compensation.

My point was not the amount of money given in compensation, that should be decided by our own

government, what the hell has it got to do with Brussels. An Autocracy/dictatorship. We are a

democracy, or we are supposed to be. I was never given the chance to vote for the dictators in Brussels.

I will say again:-

And what do we have in the papers yesterday, more garbage under mining our democracy, the sooner

we get out of this rotten club the better.

NHS barred from making checks on the qualifications of EU doctors and nurses.

Thousands of European doctors and nurses will be allowed to work in the UK without checks on their qualifications.

Under new EU rules, they will be handed electronic ‘passports’ which automatically enable them to practise in hospitals

and GP surgeries.

The passports will be issued to European nurses, midwives and some other staff from January 1st, and to doctors in

two years, without first checking they have the necessary qualifications and have not lied on forms or been suspended,

or being tested on speaking English because this could impede their ‘freedom of movement’ rights.

Remember Rory Gray, whose 70-year-old father David died at the hands of Daniel Ubani, a German GP with poor English

and limited medical knowledge.

JUST DON’T BECOME ILL

I'll say again:-

I have to say that we don't live in a democracy, if we did we would not have governments that received less than 50% of the vote let alone 50% of the electorate.

However moving on, I think all the parties have a stance on Europe and if you voted for say UKIP you should be rushing for a more democratic electoral system.

Can you reference the comments about not being allowed to vet foreign doctors and nurses.

Being handed electronic documents that allow them to practice is a far cry from them actually getting a job, but maybe if education was free in this country there would be more doctors.

I have unapproved your last 2 posts buckthorn...as they are obviously cut and paste from other sources...please provide a link and you may add 10% of the content.

Regards

Andyorch

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Certainly one of the sources was the Guardian however as with so many newspaper articles the devil is in the detail

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/nov/17/gmc-calls-tougher-powers-check-european-doctors-skills

It points out amongst other things that these are only proposals at the moment and of course responsibility still lies with employers , so the Trusts of GP surgeries that use EU doctors are still responsible.

http://ec.europa.eu/growth/single-market/services/free-movement-professionals/policy/european-professional-card/index_en.htm

The above article says it MAY be extended to other professions in the future

More details

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=OJ:JOL_2015_159_R_0003

I will quote and highlight a rather important point

The Commission carried out an assessment, with the involvement of the relevant stakeholders and the Member States, on the suitability of introducing the EPC for doctors, nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, mountain guides, real estate agents and engineers. Following that assessment the Commission has selected five professions (nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, mountain guides and real estate agents) for which an EPC should be introduced. The selected professions meet the requirements set out in Article 4a(7) of Directive 2005/36/EC as regards their current or potential mobility figures, their regulation in Member States as well as interest expressed by relevant stakeholders. The introduction of the EPC for doctors, engineers, specialized nurses, and specialized pharmacists needs further assessment in relation to their compliance with the conditions laid down in Article 4a(7) of Directive 2005/36/EC

It is not a matter of money for training doctors, there arent enough spaces in medical school and never have been.

UKIP supports first past the post as it ay least gives a result that makes sense. hitler got into power via proportional representation, stymied the legislative process and was then offered the ob of chancellor to stop him making trouble (he then sacked the person who appointed him and murdered his opposition). That worked well, didnt it.

I really can not understand why FPTP makes sense it gets governments with large majorities who receive well under 50% of the vote . It may well be why the turnout has been dropping

I do not think anyone has proposed the type of PR that was used in the Weimar Republic and in any case it was not just PR that let Hitler gain the power he did

Do not confuse the ' German System' of PR with absolute PR however it is a much more representative version that the excuse for democracy that we have now

It is not a matter of money for training doctors, there arent enough spaces in medical school and never have been.

UKIP supports first past the post as it ay least gives a result that makes sense. hitler got into power via proportional representation, stymied the legislative process and was then offered the ob of chancellor to stop him making trouble (he then sacked the person who appointed him and murdered his opposition). That worked well, didnt it.

As far as I know, Von Hindenburg who was President was was really left with little option but to appoint Hitler as Chancellor but he was not sacked, he died in office. Hitler then abolished the post of President and had himself proclaimed Fuhrer