Lowell Chasing Vodaphone Bill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3093 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had 2 letters recently from Lowell's chasing an old Vodaphone bill back from 2008-9,

the default was registered on my credit file on 03/10 so coming up to be statute barred,

No contact or payment has been offered/made.

Lowlife have dug it up and sent me a letter a couple of weeks ago

giving me 15days to reply as they see no reason why its not been paid etc...

today i get another letter from then,

they do seem to struggle with counting because they gave me just 14days still maybe it's a newbie?

if you don't pay etc we may take further action including court action.

.what would be the best way to procede as i'm reluctant to make contact in any way due to statue barred in under four months.

..would they race it to court in that time or send threats to?

many thanks

Default date seems wrong. This should be within a few months of not paying a bill that was due. You could try to find out from Vodafone when the last bill was not paid and when it should have been guven default status per their terms and conditions. CAG has a Vodafone rep, who could make enquires, if you have the account details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

I agree with UB. While the Information Commissioner no longer uses their guidelines which stated that defaults should be placed as soon as possible and certainly no later than 6 months after the event, it is reasonable to assume that this should still be the case.

As it is, finding out the date of the last payment to VF is a good start and by following the link UB posted is a good start. Make sure that you post up the automated reply number you should get in an email. this number helps VF to see this case.

Let's say (for example) the last payment was January 2009. The default should have been placed no later that July 2009 not that it matters that much. If your dates are correct, I would say the debt is Statute Barred already as it is not based on when the default was actually placed but based on the last payment made (plus a couple of months to be safe). This creates a 'cause of action', meaning the creditor COULD have taken action but didn't.

As no payment has been made in the previous 6 years (5 in Scotland) nor any acknowledgement made admitting the debt, I would put the Leeds Losers to strict proof that it is not Statute Barred.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 4 weeks later...

|As it is lowlifes chasing this, I'd let them rot, don't respond unless they issue court papers.

Depending on the amount they claim you owe, it is highly likely that it isn't worth their while

chasing pennies.

If Voda wanted it they would have demanded it back not flogged it to these clowns.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!