Warm Home Discount: Claim now

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1920 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi… I've had a letter to say I qualify… do I have to claim or is it automatically deducted from my EON bill?

Thanks Martin2006… just opened a letter from EON to say that it has been added to my next bill...:-D (Good news for a change!!)

Good news on the payment being added to your account ThedaBara. All customers we've accepted for the 2015/16 scheme will have their payments by 31 March 2016.

For the benefit of others, we stopped taking applications for the 2015/16 scheme yesterday (Monday, 16 November 16) as we've reached our maximum number. We'll be unable to put through any applications received after this date. The Energy Company Obligation is still ongoing though. Like Warm Home Discount, this is another Government led scheme. This one aims to cut usage by providing help with energy saving stuff like loft and cavity wall insulation. There's more information about both schemes on our website.

Customers who qualify for Warm Home Discount through the 'Core Group' automatically receive the payment so don't need to apply. Those in the 'Broader Group' need to apply each year. These applications are dealt with on a first come first served basis so it's best to register early. This can be done through our website now. We won't have details of next year's scheme until Spring 2016 so don't worry if you don't hear from us for a bit. We'll be in touch by June 2016 with the details.

Glad you've received the 2015/16 payment ThedaBara and hope the above is of interest.

Malc

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Malc,

Is it possible you could let our forum know when you receive information for the next year's scheme, please ?

Sorry for the late reply citizenB. Not been 'Cagging' for a few days. Happy to keep the Forum up to date about our Warm Home Discount scheme. I've popped it in my diary as a recurring appointment so I can keep on top of this. If I'm not around, our website is always up to date with the latest developments. The Warm Home Discount page is at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount

Hope this helps.

Malc

Hi Liv001

You're right, we've signed up to the Warm Home Discount scheme to help our customers with their winter energy bills. There's two parts to the scheme so thought it might help if I fleshed it out a bit.

The 12 July 15 date refers to the 'Core Group.' These are the customers identified by the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has automatically qualifying for the payment. These customers didn't need to apply and, if they haven't already, will receive a letter this month from the DWP with instructions. These letters will have a reference number beginning with either a 'M' or 'U.' Customers with numbers starting with 'M' don't need to do anything. If we supplied the electricity on 12 July 15, we'll pay the discount by 31 March 16 at the latest. Earlier in many cases. If, though, the number starts with a 'U' they'll need to contact the DWP using the number on the letter. It's important they phone asap as delaying might mean missing out.

There's a second 'Broader Group' but here customers who believe they're eligible need to have already applied directly to us. We stopped taking applications under the 'Broader Group' on 16 November 15. Again, payments will be made to all eligible customers by 31 March 16 or before so they're in time to help with winter bills.

For credit customers, we'll add the discount to their accounts. They'll be able to see it on their next bill or, if registered with our website, online. They'll also receive a letter from us to let them know we've made the payment. Customers with prepayment meters will receive a letter with a voucher. They'll need to take this to a Post Office along with their meter key and some ID. The discount will be loaded on to their key.

We'll still pay customers qualifying in the 'Core Group' even if they've changed supplier recently. Provided, that is, we supplied the electricity on 12 July 15. Those changing supplier before this date will need to talk to whoever supplied the electricity on 12 July 15. If, though, customers in the 'Broader Group' have changed supplier before we've given the discount, they'll need to contact their new supplier to see if they're still eligible. As you say, for the 'Broader Group,' different suppliers have different qualifying conditions. Applications can't be transferred between suppliers and a new request will need to be made.

Similarly when moving home. Provided we supplied the electricity on 12 July 15, 'Core Group' customers will receive the payment from us. It's important to let us have details of the move, particularly a forwarding address, in case a cheque needs to be sent. 'Broader Group' applications are linked to addresses/account numbers. Moving home before the discount is given will mean the application will be closed and we'll be unable to make the payment.

The Warm Home Discount scheme will be extended until the winter of 2020/21. As above (post 9), we won't have details for 2016/17 until next Spring but customers can apply now (there's a link to the relevant bit of our website in post 11 above). We'll be in touch by June 16 with details.

Hope this is of interest. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
Malc,

Is it possible you could let our forum know when you receive information for the next year's scheme, please ?

Just a quick note to let you know I've not forgotten about this citizenB. We're still waiting for all the details to come through for the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount scheme but shouldn't be long now.

Customers in the 'Broader Group' I mentioned above can, though, apply now through our website. Alternatively, if they contact us, we can register their interest. I'd encourage customers to do this sooner rather than later. As above, we can only accept a limited number of 'Broader Group' applications so best to register early. Also with the 'Broader Group,' even if customers received these payments before, it doesn't mean they'll receive it this year as they aren't rolled forward year on year. They need to apply again for 2016/17.

Customers in the 'Core Group' don't need to apply. They automatically receive the payment and will receive a letter from the Department of Works and Pensions to confirm. There are more details about the scheme and the difference between the Core and Broader groups on our website. This includes some useful FAQs.

As promised, I'll update this thread again as soon as I've more details.

Malc

• 2 weeks later...
We have a lot of customers calling regularly to get registered for the WHD, they seem to be under the impression we're causing the delay but the DWP are really taking their time over it. Applications were open this time last year, looking like a few more weeks I'd say.

Thanks azzadle. Understand what you mean. Still waiting and I'm out of the office now for 10 days. Helena will be here, though, if anyone has any concerns.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing to report from me either azzadle. Looks like we're waiting on the Government for details of the 2016/17 scheme. As above, our customers can still register their interest either through our website or over the phone. Once known, we'll write to customers to let them know. An update will be put on our website too. This thread is also in my diary so I'll post something on here too.

Thanks for your patience.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Quick update all. It appears we're still waiting on the Government for details of the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount scheme. We were hoping to have these by the end of this month but it's looking more like the end of summer now. As above, we'll put details on our website once we're able. I'll also keep updating this thread.

Thanks for your patience.

Malc

• 1 month later...

Afternoon all. Another update on the Warm Home Discount scheme for 2016/17.

As the Warm Home Discount scheme has been delayed this year, we're contacting customers who received the payment in the last two years (Year 4 - 2014/15 and Year 5 - 2015/16) inviting them to register their interest either online or by calling us. Once the scheme opens, only the customers who've registered will receive an application form. Letters and emails started to go out earlier this week.

This is different from the way we've done things in previous years. As this year's scheme has been delayed and demand is expected to be high, we won't automatically send out applications to those who've applied in previous years. Once registered, we'll keep customers updated but those who don't sign up won't receive an application form and might miss out. For those who fall in the Broader Group, we can only offer the discount to a limited number on a first come first served basis. So, to have a better chance, it's best to register as soon as possible.

Don't worry if you've already registered for 2016/17. Provided your circumstances haven't changed, there's no need to register again. Any doubt, though, register again. Better to do a 'belt and braces' job than miss out.

Hope this helps. I'll continue to update this thread as I receive more information.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks azzadle and nottslad.

As you say, our Warm Home Discount scheme is now open. It opened yesterday, 1 August 16. Customers will now be able to apply under the Broader Group for the payment of £140 for 2016/17. Payments will be made by 31 May 17. We’ll start to contact customers who’ve already registered their interest from this week. We’ll send them either an application form or email a link to our online application form.

Applications for the Broader Group are dealt with on a first come first served basis so best to send in applications as soon as possible. As in previous years, once we’ve reached a certain number, we’ll close this year’s Broader Group scheme. It’ll help if anyone applying can include their electricity account number.

Core Group customers, usually those who receive the guarantee element of Pension Credit, don’t need to apply. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will let us know who to pay the discount to.

These customers will receive a letter from the DWP and the payment will automatically be made. DWP letters will start going out from September 16.

There’s more information about our Warm Home Discount scheme, including what’s needed to qualify, on our website.

Hope this is of interest and thanks again for posting both. Please let me know if you or anyone else needs any more details as happy to help.

Malc

• 1 month later...

Core Group customers, usually those who receive the guarantee element of Pension Credit, don’t need to apply. The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will let us know who to pay the discount to.

These customers will receive a letter from the DWP and the payment will automatically be made. DWP letters will start going out from September 16.

Afternoon all and further to my post of 2 August 16 (#36) above. I've just been advised, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) will write to Core Group customers from mid-October 16. For customers in the Broader Group, the information I posted in August still applies.

Hope this information is useful.

Malc

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Morning all.

As promised, thought I'd let you know, we've started making Warm Home Discount payments for 2016/17. These started on 17 October 16 and are under the Broader Group. We're aiming to make all Broader Group payments by 31 May 17. We'll confirm once the payment has been made.

Core Group customers have started to receive letters from the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP). These began on Thursday, 13 October 16 and explain what will happen. It's important customers follow any instructions in these letters to make sure they receive the payment.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone and, as promised, an update on our Warm Home Discount scheme for 2016/17.

We're looking to close the scheme to new applications under the Broader Group on or around 2 December 16. After this Friday, 18 November 16, we'll no longer be sending paper applications. Online applications will continue until the above time. With the Broader Group, applications are dealt with on a first come first served basis. This might mean not all customers are successful even if they apply before 2 December 16 should our limit have been passed by the time we receive the application. If anyone thinks they're eligible but hasn't applied yet, I'd encourage them to do so now. As above, there's more information including an application form on our website.

All payments to successful applicants will be made by 31 May 17.

Hope this is useful.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

Morning everyone and, as promised, a further update on the 2016/17 Warm Home Discount scheme.

It's just to confirm my post above (#48). We're closing the 2016/17 scheme at 5pm today, 2 December 16. Customers won't be able to apply to us after this time.

The majority of customers are likely to receive their payment within 3 months of receiving their successful application letter. The last payments are due to be made by 31 May 2017.

Customers can register their interest for next year's scheme (2017/18) on our website once the current scheme has closed.

Hope this is of use.

Malc

• 5 months later...

Morning all and as promised, a quick update on our Warm Home Discount scheme.

We're looking to open the 2017/18 scheme next month. I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I have it.

It's important all eligible E.ON customers register their interest as soon as possible. Unless they do this, we won't send them an application form and they could miss out. Once registered, an application form will automatically be sent when the scheme opens and they won't need to contact us again. Customers can register online through our website now at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-register-interest

Alternatively, if they phone, our advisor will register their interest for them.

There's more information about the scheme including some FAQs on our website. On the same page, there are details of other ways we try to help vulnerable customers.

Hope this is useful. I'll update the thread once I have some more information.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...
Morning all and as promised, a quick update on our Warm Home Discount scheme.

We're looking to open the 2017/18 scheme next month. I'll let you know the exact date as soon as I have it.

It's important all eligible E.ON customers register their interest as soon as possible. Unless they do this, we won't send them an application form and they could miss out. Once registered, an application form will automatically be sent when the scheme opens and they won't need to contact us again. Customers can register online through our website now at the link below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-register-interest

Alternatively, if they phone, our advisor will register their interest for them.

There's more information about the scheme including some FAQs on our website. On the same page, there are details of other ways we try to help vulnerable customers.

Hope this is useful. I'll update the thread once I have some more information.

Malc

Morning all and, as promised, a quick update. We opened our Warm Home Discount Broader Group scheme for 2017/18 yesterday. Customers can now apply for this to receive payment by 31 March 18.

From Monday 19 June 17, we'll start to contact customers who have already registered their interest. We'll send them either a paper application form or email a link to the online application form. That link is below.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

The discount is the same as last year (£140).

I'll update this thread with anything relevant as the scheme unfolds over the next few months. Hope this is useful.

Malc

• 2 months later...

Morning all and, as promised, a quick update about our Warm Home Discount scheme for 2017/18.

We've started making payments to customers eligible under the 2017/18 scheme and aim to have them all done by 31 March 18 at the latest. Many, though, will be done well before this time.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc

I switched to eon a few months ago from EDF and have been getting this for the last 3yrs... where do I apply?

Morning Heckler and the best way to apply for Warm Home Discount under the Broader Group is online through our website. Here's a link.

https://www.eonenergy.com/for-your-home/saving-energy/need-little-extra-help/warm-home-discount/warm-home-discount-form

The quicker you apply, the better as we handle these applications on a first come, first served basis. Once we receive a certain number of Broader Group applications, we'll close our scheme for new applicants. In previous years, this was in November/December. Not saying this will be the same for the 2017/18 scheme. It's just something to be aware of.

If, though, you qualify under the Core Group, you'll receive the payment automatically and don't need to apply. Core Group customers are identified by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). If you're in this group, the DWP will contact you directly between September 17 and November 17 to let you know. Whoever supplied your electricity on the qualifying date of 9 July 17 will sort out the payment.

Hope this helps Heckler. Let me know if you need any more information as happy to help.

Malc