style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Most locksmiths we deal with have vans that unmarked as they can be local and can suffer intimidation and even violence after an event even days or months after. We tell them not to id themselves for their own safety. They would be working under my instruction and i will id myself and field any questions etc. I cant comment how the bg meter change warrants work though.

I am astonished, but someone has uploaded footage of the near mythical "Certificated Arrest Officers / Warrant Officers"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYQZAyfZlBw

They claim they don't need to bring a Warrant - surely they would need to do so to prove their right to perform the arrest - a Jury would I imagine be hard pressed to convict someone who violently resisted, because they carried no evidence to prove they had the right to arrest them. 2 strangers, clearly not cops turn up and say "we are arresting you, we don'r have a warrant, but trust us, there is one" nobody sane is going to meekly put their hands out and say fair cop guv.

Warning, the unseen woman deploys enough bad language to make a Sailor blush at some points of the footage.

But is the WO correct? Do Magistrates Courts issue Arrest Warrants without signing anything, either physically or electronically? He seems to think he just gets told to go grab someone.

Someone in the Comments make the interesting point that if they were correct, and acting within the law, they wouldn't be sat there arguing with 3rd parties, they would be putting the door in to search for their target.

Sadly, she also sounds like another victim of the Freemen. She has a couple of other videos, where Police visit because she returned Council letters with very rude words, initials F and O scrawled on them. And she goes into full FMOTL ranting about administrative courts, bla bla.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The is no requirement to carry the warrant. The knowledge that a warrant exists for the arrest of that subject is sufficient.

Same as the police. They do not need to carry a copy of the warrant to arrest a wanted person.

Since when did a bailiff have a legal right to arrest someone with or without a warrant? And they are certainly not the "same as the police".

Section 10.

A constable in uniform or any officer of a court may arrest without warrant anyone who is, or whom he, with reasonable cause, suspects to be, guilty of an offence under this section.

(6)

In this section “officer of a court” means—

(a)

any sheriff, under sheriff, deputy sheriff, bailiff or officer of a sheriff; and

(b)

any bailiff or other person who is an officer of a county court within the meaning of the M2County Courts Act 1959.

When it comes enforcing arrest warrants themselves, while the warrant "should" be carried, it is not a must.

And I did not say we are the same as the police, I'm talking about the ability to arrest without the original warrant being present.

So what happens when the person being arrested kicks off and with force resists what he will see as attempted kidnap because he has never heard of bailiffs having the right ot arrest and they cant even produce a warrant as proof?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since when did a bailiff have a legal right to arrest someone with or without a warrant? And they are certainly not the "same as the police".

Certificated Arrest Officers are a type of Bailiff who are allowed to perform arrests on behalf of Magistrates for non payment of fines, non appearence at a magistrates court hearing and so on.

They do exist, but for some reason info on them is extremely minimum in the public domain

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So what happens when the person being arrested kicks off and with force resists what he will see as attempted kidnap because he has never heard of bailiffs having the right ot arrest and they cant even produce a warrant as proof?

It doesn't happen. They are fully aware of who we are as we would have had dealings with them previously.

And if they do kick off, we would normally pull back and get the police involved. But as I said, it never happens.

They pretty much are always straight forward with the difficult bit just being locating the subject.

Certificated Arrest Officers are a type of Bailiff who are allowed to perform arrests on behalf of Magistrates for non payment of fines, non appearence at a magistrates court hearing and so on.

They do exist, but for some reason info on them is extremely minimum in the public domain

Minimum info as they are usually few and far between and for he most part, those being taken into custody are fully aware of what is happening and why it is happening so they don't generally need to seek advice.

Most also understand that we can and do make arrangements to meet and arrest at their convenience(sometimes). Failure to deal with us just means they are likely to be picked up in some random place and a random time by the police.

There must be plenty though who are "newbies" when I have asked around people I know, not 1 person has known that a special type of Bailiff can be sent by the Court to perform an Arrest. I only knew the position even existed as when I moved into a previous address a few years ago a Card was put through the door for the ex tenant stating unless she contacted them re Council tax arrears, the female Bailiff would be attending the property to perform an Arrest and bring her to Court for a Committal Hearing.

It is because of that Tenant (and in fairness the Tenant in the next property me and my ex moved into) That I never look at the names on mail that arrived and open it blindly (Though I believe it is also legal to open the mail for your own protection in these sorts of situations. As 9 Constables arrived and tried to arrest my ex until I found her passport and proved she was not the ex tenant, not to mention another time, some CID Officers, and a small parade of Debt Collectors, Bailiff's and god knows what else. She had left a huge amount of stuff behind, when she did a runner, presumably because so many people were after her, and basically just took a load of clothes. We found under the Kitchen Sink a huge box of jewellery and an antique Clock, her passport and some other guys, loads of Police Arrest and Bail paperwork, Court stuff, and a pile of paperwork for various things and blank sheets where she had been trying to forge signatures to put on the paperwork, and a couple of internal doors had been smashed to bits and were covered in blood!

its what made the attempted arrest thing so stupid, we immediately contacted the Police and handed over all the dodgy stuff, jewellery and so on, and got them to look at the doors in case she had been kidnapped or something. The Constable who came said they had been looking for her, and didnt know she had been living there, so they only knew that address as we told them she was the ex tenant, so who knows why they then turned up looking for her.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If they had arrested your ex it would have been compo time after the wrongful arrest and unlawful detention.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!