Matalan chief executive officer

hazeleyes68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope I have posted this on the correct forum

I have recently encountered a very distressing experience with a store manager at my local Matalan

upon complaining to customer services the customer services also have pulled rank and has taken the side of the store manager, making me out to be a blatant liar .

I insisted the cctv be watched back on of my visit and conversation with the store manager which showed that i was the one telling the truth .

They would not allow that I discuss this incident further with a area manager , and getting details of higher managerial to take my complaint to is impossible to come by

. Does anyone know what my rights are when requesting information of the Chief Executive of Matalan please ?

like an email address etc ,

thank you

Can you outline the dispute at all?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I purchased a fascinator for a wedding which I didnt wear ,

I couldnt find my receipt so took it back with original tags on ,

I spoke with the manager who firstly said I could not have a refund or exchange without a receipt ,

I asked if she could look my receipt up on the system as matalan purchases are done with a matalan card and they have the info of all purchases , she said she could not do that .

I knew she could as a while back a bag broke and that's how they traced my purchase .

The manager then went on to say they wouldn't refund or exchange anyway due to hygiene policy. as its an item worn on the head

, I explained I hadn't worn it , she didnt even take it off me to inspect , or come close enough to me to look at it

, she also stated it was not a Matalan product but one of CKJ accessories ,

I told her I could not understand this as I purchased it from Matalan ,not ckj , and asked who I would contact further about it ,was it Matalan head office or the accessory company ,

she replied , it wouldnt matter anyway as they wont do anything

. I told her I would be contacting head office about her rude ,unhelpful and took her name off her badge , she replied you do that madam .

I left the store shaken and upset .

I contacted head office customer services via email and told them of my whole experience

I received a telephone call from a ;lady in customer services whom I guess I was expecting to be helpful ,

however I was met by a hostile woman who pulled rank with the store manager claiming the store manager had believed the item had been worn , yet as I stated she didnt even inspect it ,

then she stated I asked for a refund and refused an exchange , a blatant lie ,

then to top it off she stated that she did check the system and there was no proof of my purchase ,

I couldn't believe what I was hearing , as she had not even got as far as even asking me my name to check it on the system or even what day I entered the store to purchase it .

The customer service woman stated she would not have any member of her staff being called a liar , but it was ok for me to be accused of lies .

At no point during this half hr call from customer services was any apology given to me

.I asked the customer service woman that I be contacted by the area manager of which she replied this would not happen , as it was only her I would be able to deal with .

I told her never have I ever experienced such appalling treatment by any retailer or customer services .

She stated that evidence may come to light that I had worn the fascinator .

I was disgusted by this comment and replied that how can any evidence come to light when the fascinator wasn't even examined and I still have it

she replied maybe a photo or something showing me wearing it .

I asked her what right does she or any Matalan staff have to police me in this way .

I then insisted the CCTV be looked at of my visit and conversation with the manager of the store , and asked she ring me back .

Just over an hour later she telephoned me back apologetic stating there had been cross communication and that my visit had come flooding back to the manager upon viewing the cctv ,and that she hadn't checked the system for my purchase , as she initially said she had , but then changed her story to ,

she was going to but I said dont worry I will go home and look for my receipt , which I did not , it was I who asked her to look it up and she refused .

The customer services woman then stated that the manager would not exchange as the tag was in a different place to where it should of been ,

yet I had already explained to the manager and customer services that on the day I purchased it , every time I tried to walk out of the store the alarms were going off

, 4 xs I had to go back in to the cashier as it was the fascinator setting the alarms off ,

not the cashier or the manager knew why this was happening

, it was me in fact who advised that maybe it was the tag setting it off and the tag was removed to see if this was the case , so this was probably the reason the tag was in the wrong place , as it was put back on wrong in the shop .

I have found my whole experience from the purchase to trying to exchange it a poor and stressful experience ,and I believe I was treated appallingly , although I have been offered a good will gesture of £20 it doesnt excuse treating customers in this way

I think the new CEO of Matalan, since May 2015, is Jason Hargreaves.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sar them. Be fast as some companies only keep it for a max of 30 days

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

THey can yes, but if you want to see it, youll have to SAR them for it, as they will have to edit out other people around you, or pixelate them for privacy reasons.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's typical when I email customer services regarding the way I was treated by a manager they are straight on the phone to me , I email them asking for contact details of their CEO and they take their time replying . The magaing director is Jason Hargreaves letter sent personal ftao him to matalan ltd Liverpool